When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

slay

... and bought a new iMac! i got the 20inch with 2x2ghz, 1GB RAM and 256MB gfx card! was pretty expensive though (1500euros) but looks sooooo beautiful! and OS 10 is also way better than windows!

You can share music with an IPOD now!!

...and OS 10 is also way better than windows!

Welcome to the fold!! It's nice to see so many new people coming to understand what some of us have known for 20 years. Good to have you aboard.

Les

Edited by Les Center

Welcome to the fold!! It's nice to see some many new people coming to understand what some of us have known for 20 years. Good to have you aboard.

I've used Macs since the 80s, and, to be hoinest, until OSX 10.2 came out, it would have been a hard sell to get people away from Windows. OS9 was way behind what it should have been and 10.0-10.1 couldn't even play DVDs. I bought a G4 Tower (G4-400/AGP with OS8) the month they came out and loved it, but I secretly knew we Mac users were losing the race. I got OSX Public Beta and knew it was the future, but it took a few releases before we could truly lord it over the XP-heads.

I'm typing this on my dual 2GHz G5 (bought shortly after they came out ... I seem to be into these towers at release date - roll on the Intel PowerMac!) and love doing all my photo stuff one minute and boom, getting down and dirty with sed/awk/grep or a perlscript on the UNIX command line. It's the machine for the creative in me that loves to play and the geek in me that pays the rent.

Welcome, Slay. You're in for a fun ride.

Spot the Mac G5 on the left plugged into my 24" widescreen LCD. The PC on the right hasn't been started since ... ooh, last time I needed to play R-Factor.

56967-35320.jpg

I only wish I could use a Mac... My profession forces me to use windows (engineering/design/analysis) and my apps just won't run properly in emulation. Currently the MacBook pros are looking tempting, as soon as they put in high end video, I'm there...

My wife has an iBook, I just love the interface!

I only wish I could use a Mac... My profession forces me to use windows (engineering/design/analysis) and my apps just won't run properly in emulation. Currently the MacBook pros are looking tempting, as soon as they put in high end video, I'm there...

My wife has an iBook, I just love the interface!

recieved the iMac today... WOW it looks soooo gorgeous!!!!

and you can use windows on it too, simply download bootcamp!

and you can use windows on it too, simply download bootcamp!

There's a way of doing it in a virtual machine without rebooting.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/mac/

As I don't have an Intel Mac (still on the dual G5 tower here) I have not tested it.

ps. Welcome to the right side of the tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

that stupid mighty mouse is a piece of CRAP!!!%&!/&§$%!(/$%!!!!

the scroll ball got stuck and I had to open it up to clean it and that stupud thing is impossible to put back together without braking some parts... now I its hold together by a few pieces of duct tape :angry::angry:

is it possible to use the exposé with another mouse?

my problem is, that other mice dont fit in the picture of the iMac... the mighty mouse looks damn good next to the iMac, but its a useless piece of junk b/c it gets dirty after 1month of use and its impossible to clean it without breaking something

so? It's a computer, not a decoration.

No, its an iMac, means its main purpose is style, design and decoration. I could have gotten the same hardware for half price if it wasnt for the design!

I think for many purchasers the styling/look of the mac is probably more important than what it does (e.g. my girlfriend).

exactly :)