When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting anti-reflective added

riffram

I have a new ETA black SMP sword hands I really like, and I'm going to purchase gen hands and get them installed--but it looks to me like a coat of anti-reflective would really benefit this watch. Also, I have a 21J version of this watch which has the same big, heavy crystal, but does seem to have A/R, and it makes a significant diference.

I've searched, and can't tell if this is something a local watchmaker can do, or modders here, on a single watch basis, nor do I have any idea what it costs.

Alternatively, is the gen crystal a fit on this ETA version--because those are availible at $156 or so.

Anyone done this?

Thanks.

Certainly it's not something a local watchmaker will do - it's very much a 'rep' upgrade. In the world of gens, owners are more likely to be scrubbing it off the crystal.

Do a bit of searching, because it's a big topic. A few members are doing a fantastic job getting crystals AR'd for other members. You will need to remove the crystal and have someone put it back. But be aware that demand is high for these AR runs.

Recently a few members have been putting gen crystals in their Planet Oceans - spectacular if you have the $$. Can't speak for the SMP crystal fitting though.

:)