When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling SFSO datewheel for ETA 2824

woody

greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I have bought from recent lello project, a Breitling DW for my BCE. with the recent special pricing of SFSO from Silix for his ETA models, I am really thinking about buying one at that price. At the same time, I thought that it would be nice if it had a proper datewheel. So I had emailed Lello last night, asking him if I do buy a SFSO, could I just buy another DW from him and install it on the 2824. Lello said that it would require to do a new project, as the DW he produced are for the 7750 models. and he said if there are enough interests, he would possibly look into it. also assuming that the font size on the 7750 is the same as 2824, then we can have a go possibly. so this I guess is a feeler to see how many people would be potentially interested in a DW for SFSO. Lello had told me that even if it is just 10 people, we can have it a go. But that having 20 interested people would drop the price down 5 euros more. so guys and gals, post in here, if you are interested. thanks.

PS. I will also post this thread in watch repair and upgrade subforum. if it is inappropriate admin, please remove the post in either subforum

if you are interested, please post in one subforum only. Thanks.

If i could only change it myself...

does the sfso need any other adjusting?.. lume maybe?

Count me in, the date font does look a bit funny! Its like the 2nd digit is 'fatter'

So, would this be a genuine oem datewheel as fitted to gen SOSF?

I don't want to spoil anything but the BCE's and SOSF's font are different. I know as I owned a gen SOSF and my neighbour owns a gen BCE. The BCE's font is way thicker!

The rep's current font is actually very good.

My gen:

pict0035yc9.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

Hi Rolexman,

thanks for supplying the gen photo. well fellas, I think in this case the rep datewheel on the 2824 would suffice. Since image wise they are visually close, and it probably would be too much effort also to have someone maybe send their gen wheel to Lello to get the graphics going. So I think we may just close this project at this time. thanks for all those who have replied, and I apologized for not knowing in depth of how the graphic is rather different than in the chrono. Thanks again everyone!

I don't want to spoil anything but the BCE's and SOSF's font are different. I know as I owned a gen SOSF and my neighbour owns a gen BCE. The BCE's font is way thicker!

The rep's current font is actually very good.

My gen:

pict0035yc9.jpg