When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eta 2824 and 2813, which should I use

llsteve80

Ok here's the deal, I'm hocking a bunch of stuff right now, but before I put my eta 2824 on the auction block I'm wondering if I should just put it in my beginmariner with asian 2813. Problem is that I accidentally sent the datwheel off the 2824 with a bunch of other 2824's a while ago, so now I don't have one. I know the datewheel from the 2824 won't fit on the 2836, but will the wheel from the 2813 fit on the 2824? Plus its the asian, not the genuine eta (2813). I know the 2472 wheel fits on the 2824 but only upside down, I have one of those but I don't want to go that route.

I guess my main question is should I bother? I don't really like this 2813 because it is super loud and the rotor only winds in one direction.

Edited by llsteve80

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit of a revival here...after some tinkering induced by boredom and research brought on by the same I have concluded the following:

For those who don't know, the 2813 in the noobs are not eta or eta copy even. They are the DG2813, and the only similar characteristic is the number. They go for $15 on offrei, and $4 each when you buy a hundred or more from the manufacturer, I inquired myself, but gave up due to lack of good communication.

I took the DG2813 out and fit the eta 2824 in just to see how it all lined up, and it was promising. the stem aligned perfectly, the crown screwed onto the stem and the spacer ring in the watch already was a perfect fit as well. I didn't feel like taking the noob dial of, so I used one of the crappiest dials I have ever seen for the test. I could probably make an overlay with whats already on there, so thats all I would use off of that movement.

Now, however, is not the time to change it, so I put it back to stock. I have no datewheel for the eta, and I still have to get the hairpin that holds, oh heck I don't know what to call it. Long story short, I need 1 part for the keyless works and a datewheel. The 2813 is running fine for now, but I don't trust something that sells for $4 to the manufacturers. I'll wait until I need to replace it, it's just good to know that I can do it very easily.

A few afterthoughts.....I'm not sure that the 2813 on offrei is 28800 bph, i think it's 21600. It does come in 2 versions.

Also, for anyone opening a rep case with tools made for gen, sometimes the teeth on the rep case are not perfect. I always stick a piece of electrical tape to the tool to

provide a tighter seal that resists slipping which would gouge the caseback. It's an easy preventive measure. Maybe even a good idea with gen backs too....

Some pics

Stock:

2813.jpg

With 2824 and stem:

2824.jpg

The "test" dial!

wtf-1.jpg