When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new release... Chopard Mille Miglia

dadog13

King has advertised a new release...a CHOPARD limited edition MILLE MIGLIA in PVD...

it's nice...dunno how close it is to the gen...but it is for sure niiiiiiice...

I have a feeling that lately the new releases have been only chronos, is it just me or?!!!

CHOPARD-037.jpg

CHOPARD-038.jpg

Edited by TwoTone

The first one really strikes me. Love that Red/Black combo. However, it's still not a must buy for me because I already have SS version of this watch. Definitely worth considering though.

i love the colour combo on that one to...red and black with a little white on the dial...looks good...prefer it over the second one...never liked the TT anyway...

These must be fantasy watches. They aren't on the Chopard site. Here is a gen to compare against, the first thing I notice on the rep is the font and spacing for the word "GMT" is all wrong.

Here's the version it must be based on:

CHO-16-8992-3.jpg

And the "1000 AILGIM" is on the 21J versions of the watch.

Dont know if gen or fantasy ... but the black and red looks nice.

Of course and as you can clearly see, even though advertised as PVD is not PVD. Is either painted black or it has a very very thin PVD layer.

In either cases this the best combo to attract scratches. -_-

You gonna end up with a watch full of scratches ... which I dont see how you can repair. <_<

Well, if somebody decides to go ahead with this watch, lets hope he can post a review.

I'm curious @AMK, how can you tell from pictures about quality of PVD ? Since PVD watches are gaining popularity in rep world, I would like to know hot to tell quality of PVD.

BTW, I found somewhere that this watch is supposed to be ceramic coated SS, so I guess in that case it should be shiny/polished.

regards

Its very simple.

The conclusion (that is either painted or treated with a very very thin layer of PVD) is based on the following facts.

- CHN rep producers are famous for using very cheap materials and keeping the production cost as low as posible.

- The color of the case. Is shinny black (paint ?) rather than matte black (more std on true PVD).

- To apply a true PVD is an expensive process (dont think CHN rep makers will do that).

In this forum we have some owners of B&R and PAMs with "shinny balck" PVD (suposely) treatment.

They can confirm how easily you can get these scratched.

Here is a good article for PVD on watches:

http://nicholastime.com/pages.php?pageid=24