When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Here! Davidsen 111E and Fiddy

Jawo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@archibald...I don't think we're on the same page re the particulars I mentioned above, so I I don't intend to push it any further. ;-)

I'm not trying to pick a fight. Far from it: I'm genuinely dissapointed. In fact, if you'll do a search, you'll find that I was one of Davidsen's earliest backers--For years I'd been practically begging someone in china to do what davidsen initially set out to do, which was to produce parts to fix the flaws left by the main factories. After all, that was and is the last frontier in our hobby.

Sadly, Davidsen was apparently the wrong guy to undertake that task. Why? Who knows? He has access not only to the technology required but also to several hundered discerning eyes and an entire membership who at least initially was willing to do whatever they could to help him. Others--Jimmyfzu, for example-pulled it off w/ zero problems. To use just a few of your particulars: He fixed the A's on one dial, but blew the font and the printing, and also made many oif them so that they were useless w/ all cases except for his--which were and remain far from accurate. He made the first attempt at a historic crown guard, then stopped @ 75% of the way there. He produced several accurately-designed casebacks...which were plagued by engraving so poor that those casebacks more obvious "tells" than the flaws they corrected.

I know you're involved in his latest project, and I am certainly keeping an open mind. I'm pullring for you guys. Ultimately, the proof will be in the final product.

Cool mate, let's see how it all pans out from here.

There are simply too many factors influencing the final result that are outside of our (all of us here included) reach and control, unfortunatelly.

Let's just hope for the best, and that the final product won't be plagued with those little (but important) bits that somehow got "lost in translation" from project initiators to project finishers.

Fingers crossed :)

babola

I think i'm almost hijacking this topic ;)

Update:

David responded to my emails, he did recieve my watch and now he has to wait for new fiddy parts. He thinks that in 2 weeks my new fiddy will be assembled, he sends me pictures before shipment so i can check the (visual) status of the watch.

I'll post them here so maybe you guys can check and verify my new watch also :)

I haven't got much experience with other dealers but i dont think david is that bad. The watch i recieved was terrible and shouldnt be shipped at first, he should check every watch before shipment! I agree.

But he responds to my emails and seems to be willing to fix his error, if this fiddy is fixed ok i'll probably wont hesitate buying another watch from him, maybe a 111 or 183...

To be continued...

• 1 month later...

And the final (i hope) update, hijacking this topic again:

Davidsan has send me a new watch, recieved it today (fast shipping, only 4 days). Bridges look perfect this time, i assume and hope this swiss one is going to work for a long time without any trouble! He also shipped me a OPanerai keychain, new strap and some springbars for all the trouble and waiting that i had.

After all i'm happy with the way Davidsan solved this problem, [censored] happens, it took a while to fix it but in the end it seems to be ok right now!

Cheers

I bought a DSN PAM000 two weeks ago, It arrived well packaged and the like, with spring bars, etc etc. Well, the watch has issues as well such as scratched AR on the inside, there was a broken movement holder, stripped lug, pieces of metal floating inside the case, and a scratched hand. While he sent me pictures before hand, you couldn't notice these things. He did send out a replacement without any issues, however CANADA CUSTOMS decided that the watch was worth $1500 and wanted to charge me $287 in duties and taxes. I refused the watch and it is now back in HK. Davidsen is ems'ing it again to my Mates house.

I have to agree. This is the first time I have bought from Davidsen, and what I think is that with NEW first time buyers he recycles his watches.

Here is my theory. New time buyers get a recycled watch, or at the very least a recycled case. He sends it out with spring bars and an extra strap to make the new buyer think holy cow, ever cool. He also hopes that as newbies none of the flaws are noticed. for the one or two in ten that do notice he THEN bends over backwards and sends out a replacement watch, etc.

Now while it sucks I really don't disagree with what he does, because, well hey you don't want to lose on returns. When you bring something back to the store they put it back on the shelf don't they?

Utlimately I know that my watch that Davidsen will ship out to my friends house tomorrow will be the dogs [censored] (awesome for those that don't get that).

Would I buy from Davidsen again, YES ABSOLUTLY 100%. What I would do differently is communicate more and let him know what I want, and how I want it.

He told me in the email that the second one he is sending has a slightly different case and crown guard which isn't interchangeable with the first one. I have read that he uses both standard rep cases and his own now. The first one I got is definately one of his propriatary cases, and I can almost guarantee the replacement is going to be from his ultimate 111H which I believe is a standard rep case. BABOLA, I think you can chime in here and shead some light on this subject.

DAVIDSEN is a great businessman, and like anyone in business is there for the bottom line, who cares that he recycles cases or watches, as he stands behind his item. With me he is losing money for sure because he has sent out a replacement once, now has to pay ems charges for the customs return to him and now ems charges again to send me the replacement.

Again, I would DEFINATELY order again from Davidsen, and infact as soon as I get my proper PAM000 on my wrist I am considering ordering a 5218-201/A from him.

Davidsen, if you read this, thanks again Mate.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I guess I am the luckiest DSN owner around. I have 4, and have had none of the issues discussed here. If I were still looking for rep Pam's I would order from him.

You guys may feel that the QC isnt that great, the alleged recycling might not be the best practice also... But at least he takes care of issues. There are a few "reputable" dealers on this site that DONT have the same customer service.

I just got done reading a thread that basically trashed Davidsen. WTF!!! No wonder I paid so much for my last watch from him.

WOW!!!.......Go buy a gen and quit crying. Remember....a replica is a replica. Don't buy from him anymore. Go buy from someone else and stop crying......see what you get from another dealer....no one is perfect and no rep is perfect. Cut the dude some slack. I love my Davidsen .

Remember, everytime someone makes him send out another free watch because their replica watch does not have 100% Gen accuracy....we all have to pay the price.!!! No wonder Rep prices keep climbing!! Ever wonder why you gotta pay so much for a rep watches when they are still just a rep watch?

If we as rep purchasers just stick to recommending the best reps out there and recommend where to purchase them from (and buy from that person) than the best rep maker will continue to get the business and the poor quality watches and their dealers will fade away. Why trash a good dealer and cause him to raise his prices? No need to make a stink with one guy (Davidsen) because you built him up in our own mind to be the God of the rep world. Its not his fault he could not sell you a Gen watch at Rep prices. He is just one dealer (a really good one in my opinion though at this time) So if you think you can do better with another dealer...don't trash the guy....just buy from someone else!!!! Duhhh!!! Any dealer seeing his sales slump because they are going to another dealer with better quality should cause the lesser dealer to pick up his game....or get out of the game completely if he can't hang. It is a win win situation for everyone concerned.....we get better quality, better customer service, and better pricing. Isn't that what we want anyway?

Davidsen will keep selling watches, so don't think your money is what pays his bills. Let's turn this around on the dealers. We (RWG) have the power. Rep dealers come and go and are a dime a dozen. (Sorry Davidsen, not to make you sound like a cheap prostitute but....) We can determine who we want to buy a watch from based on positive comments about the best quality and best prices out there for rep watches.

Davidsen (if you even read this stuff).....keep up the good work and put out the best.

Just so you guys know, since I started this thread I will probably never buy a watch again from Davidsen. In fact, the 111E bothered me so much with its flaws that I ended up selling it to my friend for about half of what I paid for it. If you want a PAM like stated in previous posts....buy from Angus at Puretime. Excellent product, service and communication. I know that his reps don't come with superluminova, but that is what The Zigmeister is for. His reps in my opinion are the most visually accurate. The value is excellent. This is my 111E from Puretime with a visit to The Zigmeister:

111E3.jpg

111E1.jpg

111E4.jpg