When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Here! Davidsen 111E and Fiddy

Jawo

After reading this thread I checked the back of my DSN fiddy and what did I see :( The Officine Panerai Firenze isn't yellow at my watch! And the bridge is scratched a lot from the place where Officine Panerai Firenze stands to the middle of the watch...

Hmm i didnt see it when my watch arrived, it works perfect and looks superb but now i know of this 'not yellow and scratch"-part i cant look at the back of my watch anymore without seeing it...

What should I do? Reship costs money, and again has a customs risk when reshipped back to me, but i would like a watch as good as it is advertised at, DSN potos are of a 'perfect' watch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should I do?

OMG, what the heck...this is awful.

Antonio, contact Davidsen via email immediately. Tell him of the situation. He is already apprised of the thread's existence by Jawo, so if he's been reading it, he knows his reputation is suffering. I'm sure he wants to do his best to gain back the confidence people had in him.

Tell him that you will send him the watch registered airmail (that has a tracking number, so he knows you're not lying). If you're in the US, it doesn't cost THAT much. Then ask for stuff in compensation for what you spent on shipping.

If he's honourable, he should cover the cost of the watch, in case it gets lost. Good luck. :(

(Mine took 2 weeks to the day to reach him. Andrew received my package sent at exactly the same time, a day later)

@Antonio_Montana: Is it possible that it might be easier, cheaper and faster just to polish the bridges up and do the gold lettering yourself?

[if you can get the Fiddy open]

I know as a newbie, which I don't know if Antonio is or isn't, I could never do that, or want to do that after shelling out $390 + WU fees. I'd want a near perfect watch, as advertised.

For U$20.25 registered airmail, if from the US, I'd say take a shot and send it back to Davidsen WITH confirmation.

Boy I can't say much more than I already have on this subject. Why Davidsen continues to have such a rabid fan following is beyond, and don't tell me it's because of outsanding quality, fit and finish I have owned several and I am not impressed. On top of that you have all the QC issues to deal with, one member recently posted that he had finally recieved a good Davidsen after THREE ATTEMPS!!! Are you kidding me? But the arguement is that when you finally get a "good" Davidsen it's all worth it HUH? I don't have the time or inclination to deal with that aggravation. I have NEVER had that kind of problem with any other dealer (have a 111E on the way from Angus that I like the looks of way more than David's and spent a good deal less on) , yet and still many will continue to buy from him and call him a master and an artist, to each his own I guess.

Boy I can't say much more than I already have on this subject. Why Davidsen continues to have such a rabid fan following is beyond, and don't tell me it's because of outsanding quality, fit and finish I have owned several and I am not impressed. On top of that you have all the QC issues to deal with, one member recently posted that he had finally recieved a good Davidsen after THREE ATTEMPS!!! Are you kidding me? But the arguement is that when you finally get a "good" Davidsen it's all worth it HUH? I don't have the time or inclination to deal with that aggravation. I have NEVER had that kind of problem with any other dealer (have a 111E on the way from Angus that I like the looks of way more than David's and spent a good deal less on) , yet and still many will continue to buy from him and call him a master and an artist, to each his own I guess.

I could never understand the 'fans' either, until I remembered the old story of 'The Emperor

Well, i just emailed David with my new found error with the bridges yellow paint and scratches all over it, lets see if his superb QC and service is still present :)

Now I know of this mistake at my fiddy i cant look at the back without getting disturbed, yesterday i looked with a smile ;) I just have to get this fixed!

Now I know of this mistake at my fiddy i cant look at the back without getting disturbed, yesterday i looked with a smile ;) I just have to get this fixed!

When we suddenly find a glaring mistake, or a swirl on the crystal, that's all we notice. It's like having a canker sore in one's mouth. Your tongue can't keep away from rubbing it.

And kudos for using 'fora'. Gotta love a man who uses his Latin plurals correctly. Mwah!

Latest update..... I received an e-mail just now from Davidsen. He feels very bad about the situation and assured me that a brand new fiddy will be made from scratch and given extra special TLC. He said the batch of bridges were to be checked and now I truly believe that his detail was missed at the factory in regards to the yellow writing since another member claims to have the same problem. This shows a lot of integrity on Davidsen's part and I am happy about his commitment to customer service. Flaws do happen on reps and many of us have received reps that were less than perfect. The important thing is how a vendor makes good with it's customers and show that they care. I am very excited about seeing my new Fiddy. He said he will send me a bunch of pictures for me to go though before it is shipped out. This is awesome service. I will post the pics once he sends them to me for all of you to see and advise me of it's quality and accuracy. Because of how Davidsen has handled this situation, I will continue to buy from him.

This is awesome service. I will post the pics once he sends them to me for all of you to see and advise me of it's quality and accuracy. Because of how Davidsen has handled this situation, I will continue to buy from him.

Everything you said above is exactly how he handled my situation.

He constructed the new Fiddy from scratch for me (instead of possibly taking it from his pre-made stocks), and sent me photos, apologising for having such a crappy Canon. I posted the photos here to get others' opinions, and they all said it was cosmetically flawless.

I also got a nice new Paneari leather keyring, and other stuff, for my bothers, in addition to the items I had already requested in compensation.

This took me completely by surprise, and though you may think it's a little thing, I liked his thoughtfulness and generosity a lot.

Good luck, Jawo!

I just received an email from Davidsen with pics on the Fiddy that he is replacing. Please take a look and tell me if this is ok. I appreciate your help and feedback.

First, the engraving looks flawless. A mite worried about the cannon pin. The second photo looks a bit recessed, but not in the first.

EDIT: I would ask him for a better Crown Guard in general. That "dimple" is a dead giveaway, I'm afraid. Looks exactly like the first Fiddy's I received...so I hope there's no funny business going on there (IOW, he's still using the same parts of my "old" Fiddy).

I saw Estaban's commentary about the Crown being too far away, but DSN's replacement Fiddy had the opposite problem. The CG was too close, and the crown wouldn't pop out enough. Took a local watchsmith to canabalise the two, to make it work.

BTW, just as a point of interest, here are the photos of the second Fiddy Davidsen sent me, like he did with your second.

300675-2549.jpg

300675-2550.jpg

300675-2551.jpg

Thread: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=44622

David emailed me and I have to email him some pictures of my watch, probably to show him the mistake on the back is not that small and is worth being replaced. When i get home from work tonight I'll make some pictures and post them here also.

And kudos for using 'fora'. Gotta love a man who uses his Latin plurals correctly. Mwah!

Hehe well guess the obligatorily 6 years of lingua latina lessons wasnt a waste of time after all ;)

David emailed me and I have to email him some pictures of my watch, probably to show him the mistake on the back is not that small and is worth being replaced.

Don't worry, he made me do the same thing. Par for the course. :)

When i get home from work tonight I'll make some pictures and post them here also.

That would be most helpful, for future member research!

Hehe well guess the obligatorily 6 years of lingua latina lessons wasnt a waste of time after all ;)

I commend my fellow Latinist, and hope you also had the Cambridge Latin Course, sharing in Caecilius and Metella's fun stories. ;)

fiddybridges3jb6.jpg

Wow. WTF. :(

That's even WORSE than the one I received, which possibly Jawo received, in turn. Look at the pink screw near where the Officine Panerai Firenze is supposed to be in gold.

It actually looks distressed -- like someone took a Swiss Army knife and rubbed it all around. Oh dear...sorry, Antonio...

Wow. WTF. :(

That's even WORSE than the one I received, which possibly Jawo received, in turn. Look at the pink screw near where the Officine Panerai Firenze is supposed to be in gold.

It actually looks distressed -- like someone took a Swiss Army knife and rubbed it all around. Oh dear...sorry, Antonio...

Jup, and now it seems weird why i didnt see that kind of error :huh: Hmm, i know: i am a rooky at reps, it looked overal fantastic and by reading the reviews about Davidsen i asumed it had to be ok :rolleyes: Stupid asumptions app.

Well i have to get this fixed, mailed Davidsen the pictures.

• 1 month later...

Mailed my watch 3weeks ago, no messages from David yet, mailed him today for more information on my shipment... I miss the fiddy on the wrist.. g@dd@mnit :(

Hope David wel get this fixed soon, i hate the fact that he shipped a bad one to me, any short check before shipment would have saved me a lot of trouble.

To be continued....

I'm seriously starting to wonder if DSN wants to sell reps any longer. I've bought SIX from him and I have to practically beat him over the head to get a response via PM or email. The last two took 4 emails and 2 PM's along with a PM from another member before he responded. For the last order he also promised a tracking number, never sent it. I got the watches ok. I emailed him saying they are great and now I'd like a fiddy. No response again. I love his stuff and I'd like to buy a 127, 183 and 210 from him but not if I have to play this game every single time.

I differ on your opinion about repeat customers treated well. If this is well, I'd hate to see how new customers are treated.

Remember his ver.1 5218-201a, 202, 203, Slytecs, T-dials with high horizontal bars on letter "A"...his second ver pre-A 002, 10/114 dial etc.

babola

Yes, i do remember them, and each replaced fixes with flaws at at least a 1 for 1 ratio. Which is my only criticism of davidesen: I've never ever understood how he can put the effort into getting his exclusive products 90% right and absolutely refuse to take the remaining two and a half baby steps to get things right. It can only be intentional, but why, I wonder?

Look at the pink screw...

:o