When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Admin: Pop-up Asking For Login And Password

About every 30-45 minutes, i get a RWG popup with instructions to "stop" and enter my login ID and password. Is anyone else getting this? I've been hitting the cancel button and I am still able to surf RWG - this leads me to think that it is not a real request for ID/password.

About every 30-45 minutes, i get a RWG popup with instructions to "stop" and enter my login ID and password. Is anyone else getting this? I've been hitting the cancel button and I am still able to surf RWG - this leads me to think that it is not a real request for ID/password.

I have this too...

I reported it on RWG.

I hope its not a new trick to get our members accounts...

RG Tribal

It's someone's avatar.

Sevmond's avatar:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ads/av-3661.jpg

If you have his avatar in cache,you won't get pop ups.

It looks like someone has added a .htpasswd in the forum folder.

The solution is to make the members to host the avatar somewhere else, or you can always adblock it.

Edited by cwai02

Any post you open here that contains an image linked back to the old site will produce this login prompt. Just close it without putting in your user/id.

Also, if your avatar is a link to an image on the old site, change it...

jraines,

The problem is that most of the people who are doing the linking are not the ones reading this thread...

jraines,

The problem is that most of the people who are doing the linking are not the ones reading this thread...

I know....

I've started looking for links back to the old site and have started editing them....

Could be the work of the hackers at the old site?

I know....

I've started looking for links back to the old site and have started editing them....

Could be the work of the hackers at the old site?

Possibly, but not necessarily - One of my PC's is cookied into RWG1, and I'm not getting the pw prompt and able to see the images fine.

Possibly, but not necessarily - One of my PC's is cookied into RWG1, and I'm not getting the pw prompt and able to see the images fine.

Has nothing to do with RWG1 cookies. You have the images cached on your machine so your browser does not request them from the old site...(Nor did mine, and I have no cookies from old RWG)

Has nothing to do with RWG1 cookies. You have the images cached on your machine so your browser does not request them from the old site...(Nor did mine, and I have no cookies from old RWG)

You're right - sorry about that...

Makes it much more likely it's some kind of pw harvester.