When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

frankenjust in progress

UB7

I have this project in progress right now, almost have all the parts. Having a fellow NY member watchbuff do the assembly for me..Can't wait for the finished product!

Gen 16200 case/dial from rolling on eBay

ETA 2824-2

Gen tudor hands

Cubic works datewheel

Gen crown

gen jubilee band

Should be done in approximately 2 weeks, still waiting on the datewheel and crown but as soon as its done me or watchbuff will post pics!

UPDATE OCT 24TH - Still waiting for the hands, crown and band but here are the pics so far

PA240102.jpg

PA240104.jpg

PA240101.jpg

Edited by UB7

Very nice project - this is actually the kind of thing that led me here (through many other links). So, congrats, this is my first posting here.

One of the main concerns that I have had when trying to do something like this - is finding a movement without having to buy a watch as a donor. I'm new to the watch game so are there any reliable sources to purchase ETA movements from?

Thanks!

Nate

Guest watchbuff

Nice to see alot of people are taking the reigns and finally getting the watch they always dreamed of. Ithink this represents a new category of watch, it's not a full 100% gen, but the exterior is ALL Rolex. I guess hybrid would be more correct. It's more gen than rep in the sum of the parts.

D- With a good collection of quality parts that should go together nicely, they are all snowflakes but relatively straight foward.

I Likey the datewheel.....getting another soon? Let me know when it all ships.

BTW check to see if the crown screws into the case. Been having some issues with both crowns and roling's case tubes threads being worn down.

:lol:

Guest watchbuff

Buy a gen rolex crown, and the ETA 2824-2 stem can be attached to it. The stem has to be cut to the EXACT size, and tapered before crewed into the crow, LOC-tite on the treads and allow to cure.