When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with my SFSO SS strap

redroom

I adjusted the strap myself and I'm having a problem with the screws. It seems that every other day or so the screws on some of the links become loose no matter how tight I screwed them in.

I've already lost one screw and I'm sure I'm going to loose another one (or worse) one of these days.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong? Is it possible I put the wrong size link in place? The screws all seem to be of equal length and they are not stripped out so it can't be that.

Thanks..

Thanks. Yeah I'll go ahead and do that. I didn't realize that it was a common problem- I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong (using the wrong size link).

Hi Redroom

This problem is quite common, the generel opinion seems to be

to use some form of thread locking compound like loctite.

hope this helps

I would advise you to throw away this SS bracelet: it is heavy, catch scratches easily, has this screws problem that is common to all watches and not as good replicated as the watch itself (see in the video review of the steelfish). I changed to dark brown leather strap and it feels like a new watch. If you wish to use the 1 km diving possibility (I mean the water resistance) you can buy a rubber strap. I attach a wrist pic, not good quality but to give you the idea. By the way, although the dial looks blue it is actually a black one.post-7279-1192912658_thumb.jpg

I dont think a diving watch should be on a leather strap... well unless its a PAM :)

But thats just personal opinion of course.

Just use a little locktite on the screws and they'll stay in fine.