When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Too many PAMs...

Bearcat

keep 'em all...and get more...I am currently on about 10 pams...need to get one or two more and my PAM collection will be completed...

lately I've been ordering some other brands (today agreed on an IWC and Corum)...

build your collection step by step...decide in advance which pieces you really want to be part of it...i really hardly part with any watch from my collection...till now i have ordered 25+ reps...and only a couple of them left my home and they went to really good friends who were begging me to sell them...

once again, keep 'em all...great pieces you have there...

Estaban/Caseydog:

Right now I am agreeing with you. I think that the 111h is a classic and the best. Of course, I have also heard via PM that I should sell them all and get a good 112.....What to do? What to do?

--Doc

To be honest, the 112 was the watch I was really after, but my dealer didn't have one, so I 'settled' for the 111h. I prefer the look of the 112 as it's doesn't have the complication of the second sweep, it's just a clear, simple, plain dial with immediately noticeable, easily readable hands. Between the two models, personally, I think it's just a matter of personal taste as to which you prefer. If you're definitely trying to thin out the collection, I would suggest keeping the one which best fits your requirements :) Omega used to be my favorite watches to wear, but, the most important thing to me when wearing a watch, is that it's easy for me to read at a glance. Can't get much easier than a 111h/112 :)

112h would be only other choice. I've owned/currently own the following Pams over the past 3+ years:

111g, 111h, 005, 029, 063, 092, 187, 036 and a 196.

I currently have a fully modded 111h and a 187. The only two watches that I would add to my collection would be a 113 or possibly a 127. Pam 44mm subs do nothing for me (although I do like the Arktos, which is sub-like). The Radiomir line is too dressy for me, and vintage does nothing for me.

I buy watches to wear them, not look at them and drool over them. I have the means to own dozens of watches. I prefer to have a handful of watches that fit different roles:

Swimming, washing the car, sporting events where it might rain---Breitling SFSO

Comfy watch for hiking, tossing the football around, and road trips--Bell and Ross Instrument PVD

Showing off how big a watch can be and looking macho--187

Being stylish in any situation---Fully modded 111h

I'm not into flash, so these seem to fit my lifestyle.

Longwinded soliloqy, but it got me to thinking.

The Radiomir line is too dressy for me, and vintage does nothing for me.

I buy watches to wear them,

Hey Estaban,

just out of curiosity ,because you've mentioned it,like many others in here,how come a purely action piece like the Radiomir became a mutant dress watch?

And I agree with you fully,that watches are for the wearing , not for museum like exhibits.

Hey Estaban,

just out of curiosity ,because you've mentioned it,like many others in here,how come a purely action piece like the Radiomir became a mutant dress watch?

And I agree with you fully,that watches are for the wearing , not for museum like exhibits.

I guess the Radiomir line really isn't a dress watch, but it does have more flowing lines than other Pams. The fact that some come in rose gold and platinum and it should have a nice tapered strap (27/22) makes it seem dressy.

Mutant it's not. I like the look. Dressy it is. Therefore it's not for me.

Hey Estaban,

Personally, I'd say something along the sames lines as Esteban: The lines of the watch. Compared to other PAMs, it doesn't have a huge crown guard (which stops PAMs looking 'formal dressy') and the strap doesn't really attach to the watch by lugs, but the wires make the watch look almost 'suspended' from the strap, which gives it a more 'delicate' appearance. I guess on a NATO strap, it probably could look quite rugged and functional, but on a decent leather, it looks more sophisticated rather than rugged :)

I'm starting to walk down that path myself...

I'd say top right one. Classic Panerai, w/ a modern sprinkling of a subdial at 9.

Or if you want one that the non-Paneristi can appreciate, middle right.

I don't know the model #s are since I'm a Panerai-noob. I think the second one I recommended is a 023. I only know that one because I just got a 089 and 063, so I happened to look at the other GMTs. I really like the classic looking ones, but I ended up with the 063 because it's still classic looking, but is a little more decorated. My gf thinks it's nice looking, and I think girls are really good judges of appearances. They have no biases, they don't care where the watch is from or its history, or how fast the car is, or anything like that. They just say, "Hey, that looks cute" or "Ugh, that's ugly."

Referrals to licensed therapists are not necessary or welcome. I am at the first step....I know I have a problem....:D

Yes, you actually have a problem and it would need a therapist's help... But it is that intention of yours to get rid of almost all your PAMs!!! :thumbdown:

Anyway, Bea Flora is gorgeous. :thumbs: