When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Bracelet Screws

The Mentalist

I recently had my TT Daytona from Andrew resized at my local jewellers who also happens to be an AD. Anyway, as he handed the resized watch back he whispered "Incredible job, best I've ever seen, it almost had me fooled. The only thing that lets it down is the screws", then winked knowingly at me and gave me the job on the house.

My question is, what exactly is wrong with the rep Daytona screws and will Gen ones fit? I have had huge problems with my TT Sub with stripped threads both on the screws and the inside of the link holes so I assume it is just a problem with quality but is it something more subtle like metal hardness or screw length?

i have a lot of different oyster rep links and not even the rep screws are always interchangable. Gen screws might fit one model but not another one. You would just have to find some gen screws and hope for the best.

Thanks Freddy. Are the Gen screws interchangeable with the rep screws? I might have to order a few.

Sometimes they fit & sometimes not. It is very hit and miss. The problem is due to the variability of the rep screws & threading in the bracelet holes.

This is why I prefer to buy & recondition used gen bracelets instead of trying to patch up the reps.

You actually know a Rolex AD that will look the other way to work on your rep and do it for free? Amazing.

I wonder how much gen screws cost, I bet a lot.

Bracelet screws have always been such a PITA for me, I have slim 6.5" wrist and have to remove 2-4 links from every bracelet.