When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FrankenDJ ... some last questions

yellomen

Hi guys... i got most parts for my FrankenDJ ready to be assembled, but there are a few things that i would like to ask before i [censored] them up ;)

I got an Ubi DW overlay... what glue do i need to glue it on a 2824 DW?

How do i secure the dial on the movement... someone mentioned glueing the dial onto the spacerring and glueing the movement to the spacerring as well... maybe there's a 'softer' method to secure the parts?

I hope someone can help me out here :D

I'm not a fan of glue on a movement. A safer solution is dial dots. They are like a double sided tape, only stronger. Ofrei or Jules Borel sell them for about $5.00. Just make sure you do not stick them over a jewel or any other moving part or you will [censor] up he movement.

They come in sheets.

dialdotround.jpg

Thanx Stilty... that looks like a good solution for fixating the dial. :)

Now i need to find a good glue for the Ubi datewheel overlay... it has to be strong glue but may not leave stains!

And... yep... i [censored]ed up the keyless works... probably when removing the stem... anyways the rresult is i can insert the stem for just a bit now and when it's in i can only set the date... nothing else. I already tried insert the stem several times now, wiggling the stem etc to see if things might jump in the correct place again, but unfortunately not :(

Does anyone have an idea...? Do i need to take a large part of the movement apart?

It isn't that tough of a job. But if you don't feel comfortable doing it, find someone that can. Are you good with tweezers and screwdrivers? Just make sure you take your time and don't rush anything. Try not to touch any parts with your fingers, don't squeeze the parts too hard with your tweezers or they will go shooting across the room! You should also download and print out the 2824-2 chart as this will be a reference on how to reassemble the movement. It shows what order you need to reassemble. But again, if you are not comfortable doing the job, find someone who will do it for you.

try this link for the technical chart: https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DesktopModules/Vi...&DocType=DT

Here is another link to assembling the hand setting mechanism:

http://www.tztoolshop.com/page39.html

Good Luck

An Ubi datewheel overlay??? Isn't that for a vintage Rolex, like 1680/1665/1601, pre 80's stuff? If you're using a 2824 movt, that would indicate you're doing a 16200 series DJ, the latest and current Rolex production, so an Ubi datewheel would be wrong. You'd do better w/ a datewheel from Cubic Works over in Hong Kong- the one with the closed 6's and 9's, which is the current datewheel for the 3135 Rolex movt.

Anyway, GS Hypo-cement would be good, or a few drops of contact cement.

I don't know of another way to put the watch together (w/o glue) unless you were to glue dial feet on to the back of the dial and then attach it to the movement that way.