When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone have a Daytona from Silix?

jj69

Does anyone here have a Silix-Prime Daytona? I'm considering one. Their prices are great ($180 - $205). I'm probably going to go with a Seconds-At-9 model (even though the hour markers on the dial are wrong for that version).

If anyone has one, what is the quality like? Which version do you have?

I just cannot figure out whether the Silix Daytona's use the high beat 28,8 movement or the old 21,6???

It seems like Silix uses slightly different descriptions for the movement in each Daytona, as follows:

"Asia Valjoux 7750 - New"

"Automatic Asia 7750 25j"

"Asian 7750 Automatic"

"Asian Valjoux 7750 Automatic"

"Modified Asia Valjoux 7750 - New"

Are any of these secret code for "High beat 28,8 7750"???

V -- Hard to tell from the photo, but if your father's watch is a 116520, have you compared it to the gen (especially, the location of the subdials on the dial)?

Oh my word, no, Freddy. :)

It's the cheapo version, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone seeking a real Daytona. Faux sub-dials etc, which Jay honestly mentioned before purchase.

Just wanted to pipe up since we do, technically, have Silix Daytona!

For the record, though, it looks fantastic. Whether it's even a passable copy, I would doubt it. Seconds at 6, but as I said, it hasn't stopped since June (toi toi toi).

I'm guessing both of yours have Seconds at 6 (can't really see the black one)? I was looking at a Seconds at 9 model. I don't think Andrew carries any with Seconds at 9, but I know Josh does.

Anyone else?

I have 2 daytona's from andrew and I believe him and silix get them from the same factory...One of my favorite watches and have had no problems with the val77 movement so far ::knock on wood::

Oh my word, no, Freddy. :)

It's the cheapo version, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone seeking a real Daytona. Faux sub-dials etc, which Jay honestly mentioned before purchase.

Just wanted to pipe up since we do, technically, have Silix Daytona!

For the record, though, it looks fantastic. Whether it's even a passable copy, I would doubt it. Seconds at 6, but as I said, it hasn't stopped since June (toi toi toi).

As long as Dad knows & does not care.

Enjoy.