When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 111 Swiss 6497

DinoTrainer

Hey All,

I posted this on RWG1 a few days ago and the only answer I got was to contact The Zigmeister. He's not doing anything until 2008 so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

My PAM 111 Swiss 6497 stopped running about 2 months ago and I've been looking for a repair guy ever since. It all started when I noticed the watch was running reallly fast.. like 5 min/hour fast. Then it just stopped. I could see through the skeleton back that there was still movement, but it didn't look right (sorry, I know that's not very descriptive), and the hands weren't moving. I've taken it to a few shops, but no one has been able to help me. They've all said that they don't know where to get the parts for it. Are they just pulling my leg because they don't want to help with a replica?

I'm not scared away by reps at all. I've since purchased a UPO 007 from Josh and just ordered a PAM Marina GMT SS Brown today too. But I'd really like to get my PAM 111 back up and running since it started my love affair with these replica things.

I've done a ton of reading on the site, but I'm not very handy when it comes to repair. I'm too big (6' 7", 295lbs) and my hands are too big for those little screwdrivers and such.

Any advice for service in Michigan, USA would be greatly appreciated.

-DT

I'm not scared away by reps at all. I've since purchased a UPO 007 from Josh and just ordered a PAM Marina GMT SS Brown today too. But I'd really like to get my PAM 111 back up and running since it started my love affair with these replica things.

Dino, if you have previous experience with other collectors, I'm guessing you bought this from a member because a collector like Andrew would surely ask to replace or service the watch, even two months gone, as one example.

I've done a ton of reading on the site, but I'm not very handy when it comes to repair. I'm too big (6' 7", 295lbs) and my hands are too big for those little screwdrivers and such.

Any advice for service in Michigan, USA would be greatly appreciated.

Since Flav's retirement as a modder, we have Vaccum left Stateside, TTBOMK. Try PMing him. Good luck!

(And yes, I'm aware my "Good luck" has become a Klinkish, "Life is good") :lol:

Dino, if you have previous experience with other collectors, I'm guessing you bought this from a member because a collector like Andrew would surely ask to replace or service the watch, even two months gone, as one example.

Since Flav's retirement as a modder, we have Vaccum left Stateside, TTBOMK. Try PMing him. Good luck!

(And yes, I'm aware my "Good luck" has become a Klinkish, "Life is good") :lol:

Thanks for the reply vbarrett. I actually got the watch from Josh over at Perfect Clones it was my first purchase. But I didn't contact him about a repair or replacement. I was under the impression from the reading I've done that that was the last resort. If you're saying I should go this route I will.