When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

USPS confirm number

slickdick

Hi all,

Im in the middle of a transaction, which progresses terribly to say best.

The item sent to me, cannot be tracked according to the seller, however the seller does have a 'confirm number'.

I've checked the USPS site, but information is inconclusive, so i wonder how does confirm number work, and is it available without tracking.

Thanks.

Slick

I've checked the USPS site, but information is inconclusive, so i wonder how does confirm number work, and is it available without tracking.

Sorry for your troubles, SlickDick. Did you know what the seller intended before you bought the item? Because I never give money to those in China, or anywhere in the Far East, without confirmable tracking, usually from EMS.

This ends in "CN" from China, or "HK" from Hong Kong, etc. and is easily trackable after 2 days of being given the number, on the USPS tracking area right on the first page.

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Delivery confirmation internationally IN THE US won't even, I believe, notify YOU whether you have received the package or not. That's self-evident, since obviously you will have the package. What it does is to tell the seller you have received it.

Many questions here, such as where are you, where is the package coming from, did you make sure you negotiated shipping before buying the item, etc.

But overall, "confirm number" is very vague.

Sorry for your troubles, SlickDick. Did you know what the seller intended before you bought the item? Because I never give money to those in China, or anywhere in the Far East, without confirmable tracking, usually from EMS.

This ends in "CN" from China, or "HK" from Hong Kong, etc. and is easily trackable after 2 days of being given the number, on the USPS tracking area right on the first page.

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Delivery confirmation internationally IN THE US won't even, I believe, notify YOU whether you have received the package or not. That's self-evident, since obviously you will have the package. What it does is to tell the seller you have received it.

Many questions here, such as where are you, where is the package coming from, did you make sure you negotiated shipping before buying the item, etc.

But overall, "confirm number" is very vague.

Thanks,

As far as i know, the "confirm number" refers to proof of the item being picked up IE delivered. it can be verified online on the USPS website. I've already asked the seller for the the number so i can call the carrier at my end, but unfortunately i have to send 2 or more pm's to get 1 answer.

Some clarification:

I'm in the Netherlands, item was sent from Texas.

It is a member sale, not from any of the Eastern collectors.

I did not negotiated any form of shipment, nor a custom's value or description, never done in the past. I always let it up to the seller. With over 30 trades with unique members it always turned out good, both custom's or otherwise (communication etc). But maybe i should in the future.

Regards,

I'm in the Netherlands, item was sent from Texas.

It is a member sale, not from any of the Eastern collectors.

If it's sent in an envelope, no Customs form. If there is a Customs form, that acts as a kind of tracking number in and of itself, in terms of assurance.

I did not negotiated any form of shipment, nor a custom's value or description, never done in the past. I always let it up to the seller. With over 30 trades with unique members it always turned out good, both custom's or otherwise (communication etc). But maybe i should in the future.

No matter if you are a seasoned veteran or wet-behind-the-ears newbie, never fail to cross every t and don't every i before buying anything in these forums, especially. When it is an international transaction, forget about it. Try your utmost to protect yourself.

Personally, if I got a "funny feeling" in the pit of my stomach about a transaction, I'd cancel it immediately. It's not worth the bother to go chasing after people.

I had an item I really really wanted once, but the seller gave me a feeling of doubt. Since he didn't bother to respond to my emails asking for payment info, the transaction was never completed, but I was going to back out anyway.

Later, I find out he's a scammer and banned on another forum. Whew.