When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai box w/ papers

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

I picked up a Panerai box with papers from a popular website I will not mention where buyers and sellers can haggle over a given item. I asked about them here but get several fragmented reponses and some steering to dealers.

I wanted a Panerai box for my 111H and could not break down for the $80-100 I saw them being sold for. Where patience pays off is that I got the EXACT box EVERY dealer gets for $40.00 shipped to my house. I would never think of getting a rep watch from this person but glad I saved $60.00 toward my next purchase. I would always come to the dealers here for a watch, the ones that give personal service and handle the mods themselves and not just drop-ship them and hope for the best. I just was browsing Kenberg's page and saw that a pair of earing i bought at Tiffany & Co. last year cost me over $250.00 and could have for the same thing for $30.00. Lesson learned.

Just a thought on how a fool and his money can part company.

Guest watchbuff

No. It was not Kenberg. I got the box from some where "else", and rambled on how for example Kenberg has items for a fraction of what they would cost you at Tiffany & Co.

PM me if you want info.

I picked up a Panerai box with papers from a popular website I will not mention where buyers and sellers can haggle over a given item. I asked about them here but get several fragmented reponses and some steering to dealers.

I wanted a Panerai box for my 111H and could not break down for the $80-100 I saw them being sold for. Where patience pays off is that I got the EXACT box EVERY dealer gets for $40.00 shipped to my house. I would never think of getting a rep watch from this person but glad I saved $60.00 toward my next purchase. I would always come to the dealers here for a watch, the ones that give personal service and handle the mods themselves and not just drop-ship them and hope for the best. I just was browsing Kenberg's page and saw that a pair of earing i bought at Tiffany & Co. last year cost me over $250.00 and could have for the same thing for $30.00. Lesson learned.

Just a thought on how a fool and his money can part company.

I've never quite understood why people want a box and papers for a rep. Can you help me get it?

I've never quite understood why people want a box and papers for a rep. Can you help me get it?

Just to get a look and feel of the real thing about this too, nothing more.

As you cannot wear the box and papers around, it's usually a thing to those who buy reps to delight themselves, not to impress others.

They make for great photos.

mdsc05737yq4.jpg

...and it's fun, at least for me, to pretend that I'm really the owner of a $10,000 watch. I like to fondle it around, read the manuals, place it on the box, wrap it in protective paper. Some of my really good reps, like the Sub pictured above, have almost convinced my that they are genuine because I keep them in boxes and treat them with extra carefulness.

It's fun! Of course you don't wear the box on your head, but when you store you watch in a box, with realistic accessories, and realistic papers, and cards, it makes you feel like you really do own a ~$10,000+ watch for less than $300 !

Guest watchbuff

Exactly, it's a personal thing. I like to have "complete" sets of things I guess. I am not pawning it off as a gen nor am I displaying it in a store window as a "lure" The only benefit i could get is if I did decide to sell it, the box is a nice touch for a would be owner. Since I paid near rockbotttom for the box, it's no great loss and may add to the value of the person that wants it.

My $.02 -_-

Thanks!

Just make sure to either put a Luminor in it, or to replace the screwdriver with a purple one. ;)

And to leave out the -- argh! -- infamous "certifidato di garanzia internazionale" :(

Just to get a look and feel of the real thing about this too, nothing more.

As you cannot wear the box and papers around, it's usually a thing to those who buy reps to delight themselves, not to impress others.

Makes sense... especially the pics! They look great.! But, still, boxes etc don't do much for me personally, even though I just buy reps for me because I love watches and tinkering needed to get them just right, not to impress anyone...but, I suppose I see the logic. Thx.

Makes sense... especially the pics! They look great.! But, still, boxes etc don't do much for me personally, even though I just buy reps for me because I love watches and tinkering needed to get them just right, not to impress anyone...but, I suppose I see the logic. Thx.

HAH! I bet you anything, jmt, if Corgi hadn't posted his gorgeous photos that you were insinuating this:

That people who want the whole kit-and-caboodle of boxes and papers are really pompous poseurs who are only fooling themselves into believing they have the real things.

And you would be right! :lol:

Sure, that is the case for many. But not all. Some people like, as Corgi and watchbuff said, the completeness of the thing.

Me, I'm more hypocritical. I want the boxes so when my friends look at my watch cabinet, the more boxes they see, the less they question me about my crazy watch collection.

They are too dumbstruck to ask. :)

boxes etc don't do much for me personally, even though I just buy reps for me because I love watches and tinkering needed to get them just right, not to impress anyone...

Naturally I was not suggesting that you are one of those wearing reps to impress others, jmt. :hug:

those who buy reps to delight themselves, not to impress others

really pompous poseurs who are only fooling themselves into believing they have the real things

Interesting to verify how similar concepts can look different when expressed with different words. ^_^