When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA Movement... whats the real deal?

Nightstroker

There has been a little bit of concern amongst a few of the members on this forum regarding the authenticity of ETA movement. Sorry if this subject is repetitive. My search results came up with off topic discussion.

Some people have made the claim that the ETAs in todays replicas are indeed Asian knock-offs. Do we have any substantial evidence to prove the validity of this claim? To my understanding, there is an Asian copy of ETA movement(s), but also there is genuine ETA movement in many of the watches we buy........is this correct?......are we getting genuine ETA when we are told we are......or are we getting Asian copies that fit the bill?

Does anyone have any photos to help distinguish the difference between these two movements?

Like armin says, there's eta copies w/o the stampings. But we are getting to the point where the are also eta copies w/ the eta stampings. There's really nothing you can do about it. FWIW, my eta copy in my River noobmariner is keeping great time.

And don't forget- even a genuine surplus eta movement probably still needs to be serviced. That accounts for all of the eta movements in all of our reps- unless you buy one of the serviced eta's from someone like Andrew or whoever.