When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I guess this would be the "Ultimate PO".

RWG Technical

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@911RS - Did you put a modified DW in your UPO? Or did you luck out and get a good one?? Congrats, I look forward to joining you soon. Mine will go great with my gen electric blue. For what I'm spending/spent on the UPO plus mods and ziggification, plus the gen electric blue, I could of bought 1 gen PO. I prefer to have the 2 watches.

I had to figure out what DW stood for hahaha. SOOOOO that being said.... nope didn't change it :lol: I guess I was real lucky!

I would rather have 2 as well!

Plus gen crown and tube, right? I'd say the gen crystal is an unnecessary expense. Double AR on the rep crystal would fit the bill. But the gen crystal is indeed a nice touch.
Unless you have a problem with your crown and stripped threads on tube then I say leave alone until/unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

I agree on the crystal though - I got mine AR'd by k2222 and it is not only PERFECT but around 20% of the cost of the gen crystal (EU sourced).

Wow, I didn't know there was that much of an interest in this model, 500+ hits in a day, I get less hits with a technincal post...guess I know where the interest lies...

As for the crown tube glue, I use Cyroacrylate (spelling?) instant glue to secure the tube to the case. As with anything you mod, trying to get gen parts to fit rep cases, you have to be careful, screw the crown down hard enough, and you'll pull the tube out of the case.

In my experience with the latest Omega crowns and tubes, the problem never seems to be one of the crown not being able to be screwed into the tube (due to stripped threads, which is the common problem on a rollie), but the spring assembly on the crown is faulty and poor. It's too weak and what happens is that the crown becomes loose and doesn't engage into the stem.

Most people (me included) are replacing the crowns and tubes from necessity, not astetics. I have replaced all my Omega crowns and tubes with gen's, it was that or put the watch away and not be able to wear it.

RG

Unless you have a problem with your crown and stripped threads on tube then I say leave alone until/unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

I agree on the crystal though - I got mine AR'd by k2222 and it is not only PERFECT but around 20% of the cost of the gen crystal (EU sourced).

I think for the orange bezel UPO it's a must... The tube is a ticking time bomb and WILL get stripped eventually. Preventative maintenance I guess?

I also think it'll feel more solid.

The HE valve on the other hand isn't a must.... but nice ot have. I didn't do it... but RASTA is hehehe

I think for the orange bezel UPO it's a must... The tube is a ticking time bomb and WILL get stripped eventually. Preventative maintenance I guess?

I also think it'll feel more solid.

The HE valve on the other hand isn't a must.... but nice ot have. I didn't do it... but RASTA is hehehe

Well it was only literally a few dollars for the he valve. And since I had already spent WAY more than the watch costs I figured what the heck? :) I may have to use it one day!

You're right though, definite must on the gen crown and tube.

I thought that you generally shouldn't use superglue on the inside of a watch, as the gases can be corrosive? Also, it has a low shearing strength, so there's a possibility that it could come apart when tightening or loosening the crown. I'd think that a two-part epoxy would be a better choice.

The gen Omega PO AR is better. It's better than mine and better than k2222.... But the difference is vvvvvvvvvery subtle side by side.