When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is The Rep Market Exploding?

Royal Oak

While cruzing the net, usually when I'm looking for pictures of gens, I've noticed a hell of a lot of new-ish sites that look to be selling the same reps as our dealers.

Not that the prices are the same, or that I'd ever actually send money to any of these sites, but a few years back all the rep-for-sale websites had pictures of gens, OR pictures of some of the real garbage you'd get if you ordered. Now there seems to be a lot of sites with pictures of decent quality watches, some of them I've even recognised as the same ones our dealers carry.

Is this market really getting that big? That may be good for quality but you gotta think the swiss mafia is going to try and put an end to it someow . .

*ramdom thoughts*

./RO

Well the fact is that you will also probably see the same photos that our dealers display.......easy to flog a photo on the net........but do they in fact have these watches, that is the million dollar question.........Well $1500 question anyway.

Ken

Well the fact is that you will also probably see the same photos that our dealers display.......easy to flog a photo on the net........but do they in fact have these watches, that is the million dollar question.........Well $1500 question anyway.

Ken

AMEN!!!

Although many of the reps dealers may well be rip-off artists and I stand by sticking with trusted dealers, I do agree that there has been significant growth in the availablilty of reps. I attribute this to the internet and to the growth in prodcution and distribution. The internet has pluses and minuses. Although it serves well for unscrupulous dealers to set up numerous fraudulent sites, it also provides instant global access to legitimate dealers and interested buyers. You know longer have to lurk in a dark alley in Hong Kong or sit on the corner of Canal Street waiting for the next rip-off dealer to show you his wares. On a humorous note, I also think that all the posts on gen forums complaining about the accuracy of reps may have fueled growth (at least in the high end spectrum) from some gen owners. :lol:

Although many of the reps dealers may well be rip-off artists and I stand by sticking with trusted dealers, I do agree that there has been significant growth in the availablilty of reps. I attribute this to the internet and to the growth in prodcution and distribution. The internet has pluses and minuses. Although it serves well for unscrupulous dealers to set up numerous fraudulent sites, it also provides instant global access to legitimate dealers and interested buyers. You know longer have to lurk in a dark alley in Hong Kong or sit on the corner of Canal Street waiting for the next rip-off dealer to show you his wares. On a humorous note, I also think that all the posts on gen forums complaining about the accuracy of reps may have fueled growth (at least in the high end spectrum) from some gen owners. :lol:

I think the scammers have read Paul's bragging and realized they can make more money selling reps than scamming people, and almost as easily. :D