When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel insert on eBay

grebeck

Looking for opinions. Is this seller really selling genuine parts??

I purchased and received this bezel. There is no lume to the pearl . I probably should have asked this question before buying but like usually I jumped first.

replace xx with tt

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=220157568519

Thanks for the help.

do you mean that there is no lume applied to the pearl or that the lume just doesn't illuminate? If it is real, and New, old stock, it is possible that the tritium or luminova wore out. Tritium only lasts about 20 years I believe, and if the part is that old, thats what it would use so the pearl not glowing shouldn't be a red flag. I would actually be more concerned if it did still work for a vintage piece like a dial or bezel.

I don't know what it's supposed to look like exactly, but one of the other members will surely chime in soon on that matter.

I would figure that this is a genuine bezel insert. But it will NOT fit a 16610. It is NOS, so the pearl not glowing does not surprise me- it could easily date from the early 80's- like 81 or 82. I don't know what the 81 means- could it be 1981? Anyway, the seller is reputable- I've bought from him before. It's for a Sea-Dweller like the description says.