When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Thoughts On River's New Vintage Panerai?

chris5264

Yeah, but those two are entirely different thing. The $1100 one has proper dimensioned 47mm fixed lug case (very rare) with dimensions identical to the 3646 and Kampfschwimmer vintages. It also has true older russian movement which is built like a tank and very nice vintage touch on the dial and hands. The second one is a radiomir with custom brown dial and different hands. Both are watchmaster originals and that is what you are paying for. Not everyone's cup of tea but he has a very loyal following (including me) for good reason. River's is a perfectly nice piece but not in the same league. I am surprised at the price though but I may be missing something.

Yeah, but those two are entirely different thing. The $1100 one has proper dimensioned 47mm fixed lug case (very rare) with dimensions identical to the 3646 and Kampfschwimmer vintages. It also has true older russian movement which is built like a tank and very nice vintage touch on the dial and hands. The second one is a radiomir with custom brown dial and different hands. Both are watchmaster originals and that is what you are paying for. Not everyone's cup of tea but he has a very loyal following (including me) for good reason.

Where do you find these higher end vintages? Anywhere else but RC? Seems like its been down for a while so I can't check them out.

Yeah, but those two are entirely different thing. The $1100 one has proper dimensioned 47mm fixed lug case (very rare) with dimensions identical to the 3646 and Kampfschwimmer vintages. It also has true older russian movement which is built like a tank and very nice vintage touch on the dial and hands. The second one is a radiomir with custom brown dial and different hands. Both are watchmaster originals and that is what you are paying for. Not everyone's cup of tea but he has a very loyal following (including me) for good reason. River's is a perfectly nice piece but not in the same league. I am surprised at the price though but I may be missing something.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Eddy

Hey Kruzer, I love that you know your Pams! Nothing nicer... :3a::wub:

Keep up the great job friend. Your word of wisdom along with a few others are greatly appreciated! :whistling:

ExWatchmaster is the creator. As of recently he only shows select items on TRC having had some bad experiences with others on the forums. Buy one and you are hooked. He is a fabulous guy but rightfully shy.

Sorry for a very nieve question, however what/where is TRC ?

Cheers

A