When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake on Paneristi?

PAMman

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1193885674/PAM111+-+Finally+posting+pics

Check this out - is this a DSN 111 on Paneristi without raising any suspicion, so far?

I know the photo quality is poor with the watch being (deliberately?) out of focus, but the sandwich seems to be thinner than the gen, the numbers too fat and misshapen (see the 6), the L SWISS MADE L too close to the 6 and the

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1193885674/PAM111+-+Finally+posting+pics

Check this out - is this a DSN 111 on Paneristi without raising any suspicion, so far?

Wow, really, bad, very bad. :(

(After having clicked)

Oh right! I thought the person was selling it in that area.

Not that this is any the less awful, but whew. Fraud where no one is arguably hurt is one thing*. Fraud where people give you cash for your fake watch is another.

*Actually, that's not true, is it? What if someone is using this photo in a search one day, in order to buy one, etc. It's bad all around...

I know the photo quality is poor with the watch being (deliberately?) out of focus, but the sandwich seems to be thinner than the gen, the numbers too fat and misshapen (see the 6), the L SWISS MADE L too close to the 6 and the

I'd love to see a book/website/something with detailed info like this to find reps. This would be valuable to both rep buyers to make them look more gen and gen buyers looking to get good deals on used PAMS. The reps are getting so good these days, the obvious stuff like the crown and pin aren't enough. More info like the above would be great.

Maybe as I get more knowledgeable, I'll take on the project, hmm ...

umm :blink: all this information is here on RWG. we even have a special forum for comparing reps w/ gens...

deltatahoe

I believe it's a real deal.

I did a little bit of 'forensic investigation' myself on this matter...the pic is greatly out of focus, that's why the numerals got out of shape and look thicker than they really are and there's hardly any sandwich layer depth noticeable...that's also one of the reasons horizontal bar on letter A appears to be lower than it really is, and "L Swiss Made L" sits closer to number 6, but it really doesn't.

DSN never got it made this close, even his 1st gen 111H dial came with slightly mis-shapen number 6, and the dial txt "Luminor Panerai" was never made this close in any rep version so far. CG also looks wider and thicker than DSN one.

Its either a gen, or someone (lello ?! :)) produced almost flawless H-series Luminor sandwich dial :)

cheers,

babola