When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Smp Gmt Modification?

Glitch

Got an EL white dial GMT that's perfect with regards to hands length and stack. Got two questions:

the 4th hand is non-adjustable. can the 2836 be easily modified or better to swap out the movement?

the domed sapphire is "to domed" that in some angles, the dial look distorted. can it be swapped out easily? Tried pressing out the crystal but it would not budge. Wondering if I need a press for that. Is there a source for a replacement crystal?

Thanks,

If it's 2836-powered GMT the GMT hand _should_ be adjustable. Can't say for sure though... but try this...

Read THIS and scroll all the way to the tutorial part (How to use & set the GMT hand in ETA 2836-2 version):

If it's 2836-powered GMT the GMT hand _should_ be adjustable. Can't say for sure though...

It follows the AM/PM movement but is not indepndently adjustable. I know that the 2836 has to be modified to make it independently adjustable. Whether it's easy or not or even worth it, I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Got an EL white dial GMT that's perfect with regards to hands length and stack. Got two questions:

the 4th hand is non-adjustable. can the 2836 be easily modified or better to swap out the movement?

the domed sapphire is "to domed" that in some angles, the dial look distorted. can it be swapped out easily? Tried pressing out the crystal but it would not budge. Wondering if I need a press for that. Is there a source for a replacement crystal?

Thanks,

zHi, ive got a black faced GMT that i got from Aspire, i chose the all silver bezel as the "ying-yang" he had was incorrwect, mine is lacking a white outline on the date but the ETA 2836 is running fine and the 24hr hand IS independantly adjustable, if you set the date then turn the crown they other way it manipulates the 24hr hand....this watch is one of my favorites despute the flaws s it is a good tmekkeper and well made.....HTH...Chii////

mboy - will the real GMT hand on the 300m GMT fit on a 2893?

Not sure about that actually.

The genuine OMEGA GMT hand fits onto the 24hour hour wheel of the Omega modified 2892. I'm thinking perhaps they may be slightly different. Better to just buy the replica Omega GMT as its pretty good, you wouldn't be disappointed.