When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An unexpected pleasure...

TeeJay

So I'd ordered this watch as a birthday present a while back, and it arrived today, as well as the (non-fitting) replacement caseback for my 111h. I'd had absolutely no intention whatsoever of keeping it, but, in watch terms, this was love at first sight, and I knew that I'd simply have to get the person another gift instead. Sure, this watch has plenty of things I dislike on watches: Date window...cyclops... However, it also has some things I absolutely love: Skeleton hands... Textured dial... It's almost like taking my favorite aspects of the 2531.80 and PAMifying them. It's been a pretty hectic, and to be honest, pretty shitty day, but, this made things just that little bit better.

This photo is from Google, I'll try and get a wristshot and photo of mine (which is on a dark tan strap) tomorrow :)

o_DSCN0660.JPG

If anyone would care to identify the PAM model number, I'd be grateful :)

Edited by TeeJay

If anyone would care to identify the PAM model number, I'd be grateful :)

PAM 029a, with tuxedo dial if memory serves. YAY!! :)

Apart from being a bit swamped these days, I wanted to wait to see what PAM you finally settled on, so I can send you those straps. Me So Horny is a given, but you let me know what colour you want, and I'll include a few. :)

The tux dial makes it slightly more intricate a decision than otherwise, so think about it! And I am so sorry you had a bad day. *hugs*

PAM 029a, with tuxedo dial if memory serves. YAY!! :)

Apart from being a bit swamped these days, I wanted to wait to see what PAM you finally settled on, so I can send you those straps. Me So Horny is a given, but you let me know what colour you want, and I'll include a few. :)

The tux dial makes it slightly more intricate a decision than otherwise, so think about it! And I am so sorry you had a bad day. *hugs*

Thanks :) I have to admit, I feel a bit mean keeping it for myself, as it was purchassed as a gift, but, having been totally blown away by it, and then speaking to Emily's mum about it, (the watch was for Emily's step-dad) she's said that although he'd've been grateful for it, he probably appreciate car gizmos more (he's something of an electronics/car gizmo officianado) so not too guilty :D

The 111h is back at the watchsmiths for repair/replacement, as I told them to either repair the movement, or, if it would be a case of ordering replacement parts, save themselves the expense and just order a new replacement and be done with it, so one way or another, I'll be having a 111h, and hopefully, the PVD 111h in the near future. The Orlando 127 is still a must for my collection, but, having finally worn one, I know that it's only something I could wear occasionally, not every day, where this new watch actually feels extremely versatile, both smart and casual (although it doesn't want to accept the SS bracelet :( ) and, while it might not be a permanant watch once I get the others back, this will definitely be a 'vacation watch' (it has functioning GMT feature, unlike a recent poster's unfortunate experience) and one I'd be happy to wear, rather than 'tollerating' it.

Colors.... Definitely browns... pale seems to be my preference to darker, and for some reason, I really don't like PAMs on black straps (although I would wear a Radiomir on black as a dress watch)

Just one of those days where everything that could potentially go wrong does. Wrong watch back received, 111h titsed up by the people supposed to be fixing it, new glasses looking utter [censored] on me, and me then seeing a pair of frames I much prefer which I wasn't offered when I ordered the new pair (so I ordered them as well so I won't have to wear the new pair for more than a few weeks) and, still no luck getting a reluctant customer to pay for work done with non-rubber cheques. Oh well, new watch, which I'll get a shot of tomorrow (maybe even with my new Mikli frames and Givenchy shoes :lol: ) and things could be a heck of a lot worse :)

Edited by TeeJay

Colors.... Definitely browns... pale seems to be my preference to darker, and for some reason, I really don't like PAMs on black straps (although I would wear a Radiomir on black as a dress watch)

You MIGHT want to check out that PAM SS bracelet thread, where I repost what I had to go through to make the bracelet work on my PAM 111h.

Basically, one takes pliers and gently turns the "wings" to a 30 degree angle downwards. Then they should fit. Use caution!

Anyway, I'm glad you still need browns. I also don't like PAMs on black straps AS MUCH.

I wanted to give you a rubber diver's strap + deloyant as an alternative for the Fiddy, but since it's not such a priority now, perhaps not. How about an ostrich, AS WELL as the brown straps? I rarely wear the one I have, though it's a nice change of pace. It's a Bob strap, dark tan with reddish bumps, obviously. :)

That's a deployant-only strap, though.

Do you like reddish browns? Or deeper browns? (edit: never mind, you like it "pale" brown. Gotcha!).

EDIT: OH! I never asked. What is your preferred size? I wear 115/75, which seem to be very small for men. The ostrich is on the tight side.

Just one of those days where everything that could potentially go wrong does. Wrong watch back received, 111h titsed up by the people supposed to be fixing it, new glasses looking utter [censored] on me, and me then seeing a pair of frames I much prefer which I wasn't offered when I ordered the new pair (so I ordered them as well so I won't have to wear the new pair for more than a few weeks) and, still no luck getting a reluctant customer to pay for work done with non-rubber cheques. Oh well, new watch, which I'll get a shot of tomorrow (maybe even with my new Mikli frames and Givenchy shoes :lol: ) and things could be a heck of a lot worse :)

Tomorrow will definitely be a better day. :)

And you sound worse than my mother with your Gucci shoes and Versace frames. Sheesh! :lol:

J/K. You should see me bang on about my handbags...

You MIGHT want to check out that PAM SS bracelet thread, where I repost what I had to go through to make the bracelet work on my PAM 111h.

Basically, one takes pliers and gently turns the "wings" to a 30 degree angle downwards. Then they should fit. Use caution!

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem seems to be one of lug hole/end link hole alignment due to the shape of the end links, rather than the 'wings'. The bracelet fit fine on my 111h (well, when I didn't smash the back with it :lol: ) so that's all good. It would've been nice if it would've fit on the 029 (Me catch on quick :1a: ) but, not a real problem, it'll just mean I don't wear it swimming :)

Anyway, I'm glad you still need browns. I also don't like PAMs on black straps AS MUCH.

I wanted to give you a rubber diver's strap + deloyant as an alternative for the Fiddy, but since it's not such a priority now, perhaps not. How about an ostrich, AS WELL as the brown straps? I rarely wear the one I have, though it's a nice change of pace. It's a Bob strap, dark tan with reddish bumps, obviously. :)

That's a deployant-only strap, though.

Do you like reddish browns? Or deeper browns? (edit: never mind, you like it "pale" brown. Gotcha!).

EDIT: OH! I never asked. What is your preferred size? I wear 115/75, which seem to be very small for men. The ostrich is on the tight side.

Size-wise, I also like 115/75, as I'm not a fan of tail :lol: 24//22 or 24/24 is fine, as I need to put in an order for some 24mm buckles (both shiny and PVD 'whale-tails')

Actually, Ostrich is the one 'exotic' that I'm not too keen on. Not sure why, but there's something about the 'bumps' which creeps me out, but thanks for the offer :)

And indeed, pale brown is good :) Anything up to a toffee color is fine, as I have some nice dark brown straps courtesy of Lanikai :)

Tomorrow will definitely be a better day. :)

Finger's crossed :D

And you sound worse than my mother with your Gucci shoes and Versace frames. Sheesh! :lol:

J/K. You should see me bang on about my handbags...

hee hee, the thing that annoyed me, was that I wasn't offered the full range of Alain Mikli frames when I made my selection, and, when I tried on the frames I purchassed, as they didn't have my prescription in, I couldn't really get a good idea of how they looked, and I was stupid enough to listen to the people who said they looked okay, when all they really wanted was my paper in their till :bangin: Still, I gave them some grief about not getting the full selection when I picked up these, and then told them to make up the other pair as well so not too much of an issue. My only dilemma now, is do I wear my old frames (which are much nicer and I can still see with) or do I wear the new frames (which I don't really like) :blink::bangin::blink::bangin:

The 029 is my favorite Panerai. Im waiting with baited breath for mine to get back from the dealer. My mods are new crystal with cyclops, new lello datewheel and lume.

Enjoy this great watch and dont forget pics when you finally get it.

Thanks, pics to follow later in the day :)

Hey, 029 is correct. It's the brother to the 063. I have this one on snakeskin. I think exotics look really good on GMT PAM's.

combined.jpg

Indeed, if I recall, the first watch I saw the Me So Horny strap on, was also a 029, so without intending to, I'll be winding up with a copy of the other member's watch :)

Size-wise, I also like 115/75, as I'm not a fan of tail :lol: 24//22 or 24/24 is fine, as I need to put in an order for some 24mm buckles (both shiny and PVD 'whale-tails')

Actually, Ostrich is the one 'exotic' that I'm not too keen on. Not sure why, but there's something about the 'bumps' which creeps me out, but thanks for the offer :)

:lol:

I admit, it creeps me out too! It looks like it has chickenpox. :(

Now, you mention something about swimming. The offer of a rubber diver's strap still stands if you want it. It's black, but at least it's waterproof if that's an issue.

Might be a while you go swimming though, though perhaps leisure centres' pools are heated these days!

And indeed, pale brown is good :) Anything up to a toffee color is fine, as I have some nice dark brown straps courtesy of Lanikai :)

Good old Lanikai! And I have those colours. I'll sort you out! Stay tuned. :)

I admit, it creeps me out too! It looks like it has chickenpox. :(

I think properly used, it's a nice leather. Emily has a handbag her dad got in Italy (probably a knockoff, knowing what a cheap c*ntrag he is) which is branded denim, but with Ostrich accents and reinforcement strips, and looks really nice. On a watch strap though, as you say, too much like a pox :lol:

Now, you mention something about swimming. The offer of a rubber diver's strap still stands if you want it. It's black, but at least it's waterproof if that's an issue.

Might be a while you go swimming though, though perhaps leisure centres' pools are heated these days!

Indeed, a rubber divers strap would be fantastic :) Indeed, probably a while till I next go swimming, but I swim a alot in the summer :)

Good old Lanikai! And I have those colours. I'll sort you out! Stay tuned. :)

:wub::thumbsupsmileyanim::wub::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's some pics of the watch (plus shoes and glasses :D )

47df9052.jpg

09434121.jpg

71dc72a5.jpg

Here's a little display I put together :)

79db8468.jpg

And here're the glasses. The pair with the heavier frame is the pair I'm not so keen on.

5b81c342.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

Hey Teejay,I think that wearing these heavy framed glasses,will turn you a John Cleesy person,like the one he was acting a dodgy college supremo,speeding half of England ,to go to Wolverhampton

Now they've got my prescription in, and I can see how utterly w/\nk they look on me, I've no intention of wearing them, and have another pair on order. Oh well, last time I listen to the advice of a sales assistant who just wants my money in the till. Damn my weakness for snooty older women :lol:

Edited by TeeJay