When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TAG Heuer flogging an F1 horse?

docblackrock

Alan, you're right, but it's not the F1 link that annoys me, it's the shameless marketing spin surrounding a rookie who's won nothing, yet seemingly is 'honoured' with a limited edition watch. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

At a marketing-driven push, even an F1 would have been more appropriate as that model aims for the market likely to buy a Lewis Hamilton watch. But not an Aquaracer Calibre S. He also in the interview, says it was an honour to "have an input on the design" :rolleyes:

Here's the pic, knew I'd seen it somewhere....

picture17wl4.png

Interesting point. I think the TAG Group that has a holding in McLaren is separate to the watch company though (TAG Heuer is now LVMH owned).

You're right but my point was that TAG/TAG Heuer and F1 are forever linked and they cannot but flog the F1 horse otherwise they lose a major part of their schtick.

Not a bad looking watch but would not touch it with the "Lewis Hamilton" on the dial. The next Tiger Woods as he was predicted by the advertising folks.

I have never seen anyone with that big of an advantage [censored] it up so completely!! Listening and reading the British press on this guy has been sickening. They kicked the heck out of Alonso for damaging McLaren and Hamilton started the whole affair by ignoring the team and when Alonso retaliated in Hungary, Hamilton ran off to the stewards to complain which resulted in a penalty damaging both Alonso and McLaren. This fact was conveniently ignored by the British press and media!!

TimeShare

How many watches is it being limited to? A few years ago they did a limited edition to celebrate Hakkinen's championship win, but I don't think it went up in any value. Ok, Hamilton didn't win it this year, but four wins and second is still pretty impressive.

At least F1 isn't at the marketing levels of NASCAR yet ;)

The marketing folly of this watch pales into insignificance compared to this....

Kimi Raikonnen wears a Ferrari/Panerai? Errr.... No.

Hmmm. You see this is what happens when the soulless marketing goons get too much power. The F1 orange dial monstrosity was clearly meant to be Alonso's 'piece' - see the video and read the blurb ;) But of course the Finnish guy who sneaked the win is also an ambassador so they had to run that congratulatory ad with the F1 photoshopped to his wrist. The blurb also talks about a "joint" Hamilton-Alonso Calibre S, but somewhere along the line probably when they expected the Brit to win, Alonso got dropped from the dial (doesn't bode well for his sponsorship does it :lol:). Oh and there's some nod to the Finn getting an eyewear range, but frankly who gives a crap. In other words, what a fecking mess! :lol:

The part I love (as in 'hate') most is where all these guys talk about their "input" on the design...yeah right keep telling yourself that fellas :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

So, a whole EIGHT days after I actually see this white elephant shoved at the back of a window display, the TH/LVMH marketing boys finally get their act together and decide to email me (on their 'preview' list) with details...

Bit late boys but I still wouldn't touch it with the proverbial 10' bargepole :lol:

picture5yz7.png