When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Gen Tube and Crown

Seltea

I have the gen tube and crown from ofrei. I purchased them for my 45.5 PO. to my surprise they will not fit the rep case, the gen tube has thread so screws to the case, the rep tube does not have a thread and it goes in by pushing.

the Gen crown is thinner on the inside, so i s the gen tube. the only person that i know has installed a Gen Crown and Tube is The Zigmeister. I wish that he post a how to or tutorial of how he made the part fit.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies, but is the tube and Crown advertised by Ofrei to fit the 42mm suitable for modding onto the UPO ?

Quantity Name SKU Each Total

Omega Crown 42184 Model 2209.50.00 8100/3905W $36.00 $36.00

Omega Case Tube 090ST1232 OME-090ST1232 $6.60 $6.60

It's a shame that there is not as much technical information available for Omega parts (like crowns and tubes) as there is for Rolex...

Here's a question for Omega experts:

I know that before the PO, previous genuine SMP models used press fit tubes. Do you think that there's a chance there's a genuine Omega tube out there that would fit both a replica case, and a genuine PO crown?

That would certainly be better than gluing a threaded tube into a larger hole...

Thanks for the replies, but is the tube and Crown advertised by Ofrei to fit the 42mm suitable for modding onto the UPO ?

Quantity Name SKU Each Total

Omega Crown 42184 Model 2209.50.00 8100/3905W $36.00 $36.00

Omega Case Tube 090ST1232 OME-090ST1232 $6.60 $6.60

Yes that is the correct one. I believe the 42mm and 45mm use the same crown/tube. Note on ofrei that it references case 168.1652. That is for the the 45mm.

Vac

Do you mind telling how you accomplish this, I really want this on my PO but I can not figure it out how to do it

Thanks

Although the gen tube is slightly smaller than the rep case opening, it is sufficiently close that you can epoxy it (I used Gorilla glue) and it will form a good solid bond. In lieu of this, the only thing to do would be to have the case hole welded shut, grind it smooth, and drill and tap to the specifications of the gen tube. Perhaps there is a gen tube that matches or is slightly larger than the rep case hole and fits the P.O. gen crown but that would take a lot of research and experimentation to determine.

Although the gen tube is slightly smaller than the rep case opening, it is sufficiently close that you can epoxy it (I used Gorilla glue) and it will form a good solid bond. In lieu of this, the only thing to do would be to have the case hole welded shut, grind it smooth, and drill and tap to the specifications of the gen tube. Perhaps there is a gen tube that matches or is slightly larger than the rep case hole and fits the P.O. gen crown but that would take a lot of research and experimentation to determine.

there is something called liquid metal or something like that, is some kind of putty that dries really hard like steel is use to make parts or to cover holes on metal. I am thinking that this could work fill the hole with the putty and wait until it dries then drill a new hole and run a tap. I am not a watchmaster so I would not dare to do that.

But I am considering it. :lol:

I am looking to buy the gen tube and crown from Ofrei. The case number in my UPO is 168.1682, however this doesn't match any of his listings.

He does list crown and tubes to fit the model 2209.50.00 which is the 42mm PO - will these match?

@Seltea

I have those pasts, they are for the 45.5 but I believe they are the same, I will not use them and I can sell them to you for a better price than ofrei. They are not sealed anymore my watchmaster open them to see if they fit.