When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my very first rep...Updated w/Wrist Shots

stagfan

I am going to have to concede here as no i have stopped looking at fireman freds SFSO and actualy went up highenough to see the pics that stagfan posted :closedeyes: His seconds hand does look a tiny bit longer, ie the marker square is further out, not a lot and you would have to be lucky to notice if but, it is.

Sorry 55 i did not read fully what you wrote and had been comparing the wrong pics.

FxrAndy, is a good thing or a bad thing? I am really not concerned about this but if this is a big issue then can it be fixed?

hehe

Regards

I am going to have to concede here as no i have stopped looking at fireman freds SFSO and actualy went up highenough to see the pics that stagfan posted :closedeyes: His seconds hand does look a tiny bit longer, ie the marker square is further out, not a lot and you would have to be lucky to notice if but, it is.

Sorry 55 i did not read fully what you wrote and had been comparing the wrong pics.

hey FxrAndy, i am glad u finally know what i meant LOL...

anyway i do find it a big issue cos that means anybody can easily spot it is a rep if u ever compare it with a gen... anyone can tell they are different...

what the hell man, thought i bought myself a super-rep, now.... :(

i am quite disappointed about that even though the watch is great overall

Edited by fivefive

Thanks lanikai, I will definitely purchase a gen croc brown strap for it. Still dont know whether with a buckle or a deployant.

Regards.

Congrats Stagfan .. agree with the whole membership ... I actually like the collectors brown leather strap for now .. hope your SOSF brings you long wear..

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL B)

Sorry but i dont see this as a major problem at all and i no way detracts from the super staus of this watch, first we must not forget that this id a REP, secondly remember that there are also variations in the gen, in both the seconds hands, the date window and the dial printing. also this variation in the rep is a matter for 10th of a mm, 99.9999999 of even watch collectors would not notice this unlesss pointed out to them. it is proberbly just the fact we are a bunch of anal spotters here to notice this.

Am I losing the plot here? My SFSO is the Asian version from Silix (could the ETA have different sized hands?). I stopped the second hand at 12 and compared it with the pic posted by fivefive and I couldn't see any major difference !!

Well if you would not be happy with this rep then i doubt that you would be happy with any.

fivefive may I suggest you buy the gen ? ;)

just wait until some1 noticed on their ETA SOSF from silix (ones that u guys order during the special offer), and see.

They will notice the different :)

To be very honest with u, there is a different, and if the more expensive ETA has this flaw, and while other ETA don't, why are u telling me to buy the gen??? what's ur point??

I was buying the rep as i didn't know that there will be such an easy-to-spot flaw on the ETA rep.

Now I know that I have the SFSO that is the same with others who also got theirs from Silix.

Even gens have flaws. I think you should not worry too much. It is still a rep and I think that an AD or gen owners will not even measure this just to make sure that it is right or wrong...

Am I losing the plot here? My SFSO is the Asian version from Silix (could the ETA have different sized hands?). I stopped the second hand at 12 and compared it with the pic posted by fivefive and I couldn't see any major difference !!

fivefive may I suggest you buy the gen ? ;)

I've had three ETA SOSF reps (two from Silix) and all three of them have the "little box" in the proper location. I've held them side by side with my '06 gen and you'd need a 10x loupe to notice any difference in the second hands....other than the color of the tip, which is a bit brighter on my gen. There are quite a few other details that are much more obvious...such as the color/quality of the lume dots. Put the rep next to a gen SOSF and the second hand will be the last difference you notice.

If that little detail bothers you so much, then I doubt any rep will make you happy.

Well said. :)

I've had three ETA SOSF reps (two from Silix) and all three of them have the "little box" in the proper location. I've held them side by side with my '06 gen and you'd need a 10x loupe to notice any difference in the second hands....other than the color of the tip, which is a bit brighter on my gen. There are quite a few other details that are much more obvious...such as the color/quality of the lume dots. Put the rep next to a gen SOSF and the second hand will be the last difference you notice.

If that little detail bothers you so much, then I doubt any rep will make you happy.

• 4 weeks later...