When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic From Trusty

ryaku

59368-34957.jpg

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=330

I'm tempted. :whistling:

I just wish to see some more detailed pics.

Did anyone here buy it and can take some good wrist shots?

It seems pretty accurate and i like its semplicity.

Too bad there's no eta version with real sapphire.

Did you have experience with NON ETA versions?

How about overall quality? I presume bracelets and cases are the same.

Cheers :)

For $108 what do you have to lose? The real thing w/ the ss bracelet runs $1045 at www.bernardwatch.com/ I've bought a few of the TWG $100 specials and they've all kept good time except one, and I'm going to take it to the watchmaker and see if he can regulate it for not too much money. Also, the dial doesn't look like the pic at Bernard Watch. I'm not sure if the Asian 21j is a Miyota movt or a Chinese movt. Of course, you could ask Andrew if he could get it w/ an ETA- it would probably add $100 to the price.

For $108 what do you have to lose? The real thing w/ the ss bracelet runs $1045 at www.bernardwatch.com/ I've bought a few of the TWG $100 specials and they've all kept good time except one, and I'm going to take it to the watchmaker and see if he can regulate it for not too much money. Also, the dial doesn't look like the pic at Bernard Watch. I'm not sure if the Asian 21j is a Miyota movt or a Chinese movt. Of course, you could ask Andrew if he could get it w/ an ETA- it would probably add $100 to the price.

Perhaps you're right, it's worth a try.

Andrew told me there's no ETA version. :(

Dial is correct, at bernardwatch.com you can see the black version. :)

59866-34871.jpg

Yep, and right next to the black dial was the silver one, which is different from Andrews, kinda a two tone silver, w/ inner and outer circles.

The Bernard Watch might be an earlier or later model/dial, or Andrew's might be a simplified dial. I just ran across these Tags yesterday and I especially like the cases and clean lines, but I know nothing about them.

I opened a TWG TT datejust tonite and I think the movement is Chinese. It had the red wheel

(overlay) to look like a Rolex movement, but I don't know what a Miyota looks like.

Swapping an ETA movement in would be tough because I don't know if hand sizes would match up.

Yep, and right next to the black dial was the silver one, which is different from Andrews, kinda a two tone silver, w/ inner and outer circles.

The Bernard Watch might be an earlier or later model/dial, or Andrew's might be a simplified dial. I just ran across these Tags yesterday and I especially like the cases and clean lines, but I know nothing about them.

I opened a TWG TT datejust tonite and I think the movement is Chinese. It had the red wheel

(overlay) to look like a Rolex movement, but I don't know what a Miyota looks like.

Swapping an ETA movement in would be tough because I don't know if hand sizes would match up.

I agree with you, there are different models.

I had a search with google and i found a white dial model like Andrew's one, so it exists and it's enough for me. :D

I also like the carrera chronograph with quartz movement.

I found a rep Carrera chronograph w/ what I would assume is a quartz movement at a rep site, www.2002watch.com/, but I couldn't get back into the site later. The rep was $249, maybe we could source it thru one of the dealers here. It looked like a nice watch. The Carrera chronograph (gen) w/ the automatic movement is nice, but pricey at $1600-1800.

I found a rep Carrera chronograph w/ what I would assume is a quartz movement at a rep site, www.2002watch.com/, but I couldn't get back into the site later. The rep was $249, maybe we could source it thru one of the dealers here. It looked like a nice watch. The Carrera chronograph (gen) w/ the automatic movement is nice, but pricey at $1600-1800.

I reckon our dealers will sell it very soon in quartz version (it makes me wonder they still haven't).

Andrew already sells it in automatic version (faux chrono...bleah) for 110-120$

I don't trust sites like that. :thumbdown: