When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Want The Best Sub For The Money/opinions Please

Looks like josh is offering modified cases with accurate cg's on all of his subs now.

Personally for me the bold m kills the mbw lv for me. If I knew a gen parts like dial would swap in like vintage mbw I would have gone that route (if for no other reason then 440 Stainless vs 3xx). The m is just too easy to spot for the rolex novice (at least in my opinion, it just looks out of place).

I'll take a little off cg and possibly misaligned cyclops over the fonts which is why i picked joshua (plus when viewing subs at large dealers in vegas with 15-25+ subs you'll see these items vary on each one by some degree). I didnt get the serviced but he didnt have it listed at the time or I would have. Shipping it off to ziggy and a cg mod will get you to joshua's price plus you get a better brushed finish and upgraded bezel, so I may sell the one I have to a friend and go the serviced route.

I'm really just waiting on a good review of the serviced joshua before I pull the plug (that and i've purchased 6 reps this month and wife is ready to kill me, she doesn't remember me telling her i was going to buy a gen sub and am now really saving lots of money by buying reps.)

I've never read anything bad about anything from Joshua. The new cases he got sound like they're pretty good looking too. I recently picked up a black one from PT, his "ultimate" model. That's right about the price range you're looking for. I'm very, very pleased with it. Like ANY rep, there are a few things not quite 100%, but over all, it's a very accurate piece.

I will add this though, and give you a good reason to read for yourself. All of the dealers here have very good accurate reps, and especially with the Rollie Subs, due to their popularity. Each has its flaws, as do all reps, but you have to find the one or ones whose flaws you can live with. A rep can be just about perfect, but if cgs are your pet peeve, and the rep you get is perfect, except for the crown guards, they'll keep bothering you and bothering you till you finally sell or just dump the thing, and get another. By reading through the reviews here, and the other boards, you can find out what the members have said about their particular purchase, what other members have said, and decide for yourself what flaws YOU can live with. That's the best reason I can give to politely tell someone "read and research it for yourself!"

Good luck in your quest, and you really can't go wrong with any of the trusted dealers here.

B