When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Want The Best Sub For The Money/opinions Please

Best rep for looks, reliability, accuracy of replica, price and dealer etc.... I have two sub replicas that I'm ashamed of. One is a 50th Anni. with the wrong date wheel font, a skinny minute hand and a lousy green copy bezel. The other is a black ss with a terrible dial. Please, all rep nuts, help me move up impressively for a reasonable amount of cash!!!!!

This is an easy exercise. Eddie Lee, Josh and Trusty (Andrew) all sell very high quality submariner reps, and have great customer service. Silixprime also has decent sub reps with ETA movements for very good prices. If you really want to get something dead-on, I would contact any of the three dealers mentioned above and tell them what you want. One or all will come through.

And, naturally, please thank me for not chastising you for not doing the leg work yourself with the search function, as has become the traditional treatment of newbies on this forum.

Beany

I've dealt with Joshua for 2 purchases. Are his reps on the mark? I thought his Sea Dweller was spot on until I saw him selling a dead on Sea Dweller with the proper thickness and even this rep was blasted by some as being an abomination...wrong HRV etc... What's the consensus opinion on the best looking sub rep?quote name='manuel' date='May 31 2006, 10:12 AM' post='59478']

Joshua or PreciousTime i believe....

Both very good and reputable dealers here

And, naturally, please thank me for not chastising you for not doing the leg work yourself with the search function, as has become the traditional treatment of newbies on this forum.

Beany

well someone has to do it however. But he turned out to be a smart guy because he asked the very same question in a different way...

crystalcranium, dont scratch your cranium ^_^

Not more than $250 but let me know all options so I can dream and scheme!!

Now go to yuor profile and fill in your location so we can work out which dealer is closest to you.

I'd say Precious Time's Ultimate Sub LV for expensive and the $100 Asian 21j Noobmariner LV for cheap.

Best rep for looks, reliability, accuracy of replica, price and dealer etc.... I have two sub replicas that I'm ashamed of. One is a 50th Anni. with the wrong date wheel font, a skinny minute hand and a lousy green copy bezel. The other is a black ss with a terrible dial. Please, all rep nuts, help me move up impressively for a reasonable amount of cash!!!!!

I have a couple I think look pretty good.

post-223-1149086998_thumb.jpg

post-223-1149087025_thumb.jpg

If I had to buy one, right now with dealers carrying what they do, and money was an issue, I would buy Joshua's new Sub for about $200 and pay him to service it before delivery.

If you say "Sub" generically, I prefer the new Sea Dweller that Josh has with it's thicker case and deep rehaut, but that is a vintage design. He also carries the newer design Sea Dweller with the thinner case and hollow link band and I find myself using that as a daily wear.

post-223-1149087585_thumb.jpg I really like this watch.

It would be easy to think that the Sub has a better date function but having worn both a lot, I disagree. I find that even though the Sea Dweller has no cyclops, it is clearly legible and legible from any angle.

King also has a very nice Sub with a nice mag/date, and a hollow link, nicely finished bracelet but hers is the older case style with bad crown guards and she doesn't offer the service option.

Whatever you buy, having the watch pre-serviced is a good investment if it's something you intend to wear and keep.

Bill

Merci beaucoup!!! That's the kind of info I'm looking for!!!

I have a couple I think look pretty good.

post-223-1149086998_thumb.jpg

post-223-1149087025_thumb.jpg

If I had to buy one, right now with dealers carrying what they do, and money was an issue, I would buy Joshua's new Sub for about $200 and pay him to service it before delivery.

If you say "Sub" generically, I prefer the new Sea Dweller that Josh has with it's thicker case and deep rehaut, but that is a vintage design. He also carries the newer design Sea Dweller with the thinner case and hollow link band and I find myself using that as a daily wear.

post-223-1149087585_thumb.jpg I really like this watch.

It would be easy to think that the Sub has a better date function but having worn both a lot, I disagree. I find that even though the Sea Dweller has no cyclops, it is clearly legible and legible from any angle.

King also has a very nice Sub with a nice mag/date, and a hollow link, nicely finished bracelet but hers is the older case style with bad crown guards and she doesn't offer the service option.

Whatever you buy, having the watch pre-serviced is a good investment if it's something you intend to wear and keep.

Bill

I think you mistake us with our predecessor forum! ;)

JTB

I think it's funny when some of the old guard rip into a newbie for asking a stupid question, or one that can be easily answered by doing a basic search. I just don't have the heart to do it myself, since I think most of the guilty newbies are just lonely, looking for a little company....

Beany

Beany

Thank you.

And shame on the oldtimer snobs who discourage folks from being helpful.

Hey, I'm just looking for CURRENT information and discussion. I've been on more than a few discussion boards in my computer life and the idea is interaction, not just information. I have noticed a bit of apologies here for asking basic questions so I guess there's a minority of posters who have strong opinions about who belongs here and who does not. I have been told several times, rudely, to do "my own work" and use the search feature. Looks like I'll just keep asking questions!

Best sub is also very subjective, since they all have flaws.

Do you want better mag or better cyclops location.

Better crown guards/case or better font/dial (ie. no bold m in 300m)

do you plan on replacing the crown down the road, pt's ultimate is said to beable to take the oem tube with no retreading (according to a post on trc).

the list goes on and on.

I'm very happy with the sub i got from joshua, it needs a few mod touches but for the price (less then you said you were looking to spend) its very nice, and the mods are not outside my capabilities, so it was a winner for me.

I guess that sounds like the best compromise, best looking out of the box with the potential for modifications. Which of Josh's subs?

Best sub is also very subjective, since they all have flaws.

Do you want better mag or better cyclops location.

Better crown guards/case or better font/dial (ie. no bold m in 300m)

do you plan on replacing the crown down the road, pt's ultimate is said to beable to take the oem tube with no retreading (according to a post on trc).

the list goes on and on.

I'm very happy with the sub i got from joshua, it needs a few mod touches but for the price (less then you said you were looking to spend) its very nice, and the mods are not outside my capabilities, so it was a winner for me.

I guess that sounds like the best compromise, best looking out of the box with the potential for modifications. Which of Josh's subs?

1) E-Mail Joshua at trinicon88@yahoo.com

2) Tell Joshua you want his new sub with new case and better crown guards

3) Tell Joshua you want it serviced before he sends it (assuming you do)

4) When Joshua replies with the price and paypal address

5) Go to www.PayPal.com and sign in

6) Send Joshua the price specified to the paypal address specified - Check "Goods," BUT DO NOT LIST

7) When Joshua sends you the tracking number, don't bother - the tracking system sux

8) Wait patiently for two weeks - watch should be there in 7-10 days

To be clear, DO NOT put anythng in Pay Pal indicating that you are buying watches, fake watches, counterfeits, Rolexes, or thermo-nuclear explosive devices.

If for any reason the watch does not arrive in 10 days, be patient. NOBODY has ever accused him of not shipping, but EMS and Customs can delay things.

If for any reason you are not happy with what you receive, do not post about the problem - e-mail Joshua and give him a chance to fix it.

Remember, the dealers here do not make these watches. They are at the mercy of manufacturers who are not always reliable. Be patient.

Bill

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=1045

Is this a good price ($458) for the services described?

1) E-Mail Joshua at trinicon88@yahoo.com

2) Tell Joshua you want his new sub with new case and better crown guards

3) Tell Joshua you want it serviced before he sends it (assuming you do)

4) When Joshua replies with the price and paypal address

5) Go to www.PayPal.com and sign in

6) Send Joshua the price specified to the paypal address specified - Check "Goods," BUT DO NOT LIST

7) When Joshua sends you the tracking number, don't bother - the tracking system sux

8) Wait patiently for two weeks - watch should be there in 7-10 days

To be clear, DO NOT put anythng in Pay Pal indicating that you are buying watches, fake watches, counterfeits, Rolexes, or thermo-nuclear explosive devices.

If for any reason the watch does not arrive in 10 days, be patient. NOBODY has ever accused him of not shipping, but EMS and Customs can delay things.

If for any reason you are not happy with what you receive, do not post about the problem - e-mail Joshua and give him a chance to fix it.

Remember, the dealers here do not make these watches. They are at the mercy of manufacturers who are not always reliable. Be patient.

Bill

Personally for me the bold m kills the mbw lv for me. If I knew a gen parts like dial would swap in like vintage mbw I would have gone that route (if for no other reason then 440 Stainless vs 3xx). The m is just too easy to spot for the rolex novice (at least in my opinion, it just looks out of place).

I'll take a little off cg and possibly misaligned cyclops over the fonts which is why i picked joshua (plus when viewing subs at large dealers in vegas with 15-25+ subs you'll see these items vary on each one by some degree). I didnt get the serviced but he didnt have it listed at the time or I would have. Shipping it off to The Zigmeister and a cg mod will get you to joshua's price plus you get a better brushed finish and upgraded bezel, so I may sell the one I have to a friend and go the serviced route.

I'm really just waiting on a good review of the serviced joshua before I pull the plug (that and i've purchased 6 reps this month and wife is ready to kill me, she doesn't remember me telling her i was going to buy a gen sub and am now really saving lots of money by buying reps.)

Edited by supermanx