When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Will 35€ Get You?

Pugwash

Let's see, what will 35€ get you these days? That's $45 for our feathered friends, by the way.

Well, you can get a decent take-away meal. Our lebanese order from the local delivery place comes to just under 32 Euros for me and Mrs Pugwash. Or, A DVD and pizza evening-in can pass the 35 mark. If you're a smoker, that's 7 packets of Marlboro lights. Or, it's a light night out with some mates and not so much beer.

Or, it's a Rolex President from a member on these boards. Yes, it's Asian. Yes, it's not gold. Yes, the face is wonky. But come on, it's 35€.

I wanted one because a friend of mine has a real one, and it'd be fun to match him watch for watch next time I see him.

In defiance to the phrase "you can't polish a dog turd" I decided to give this the Full Pugwash treatment. Down went the lights to a single source, open the aperture, give it some stick. Gold, baby, gold.

59685-34912.jpg

59685-34913.jpg

59685-34914.jpg

59685-34915.jpg

Now, wait until the box and anchor arrive. Yes, they're on their way from other members. I'll end up with the shiniest dog turd on the block. 35€, it should be illegal.

Oh, it is.

edit: The dial is now aligned. It was an easily fix...

Edited by Pugwash

you should visit bbk/china sometimes, you get those watches for 5$ ;)

it is plated gold, right? plating is pretty good, if you polished it, because the cheap rolex fakes I have owned were very POOR... I could rub the gold off with my fingers!