When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New watch today

llsteve80

I've been seeing these watches advertised in magazines for a few years now, and always liked them. The Stienhausen Classic. It's one of those since 1923 deals that we see all over the place, and I came close to just ordering one several times but never got around to it. Today, I was at sharper image when a cust was commenting on a display watch being noisy. After he left I went to look at it and it was the was the Stienhausen. Noisy rotor. That was because the screw for the rotor was in the spacer ring and the rotor was loose and wobbley. I talked him down to 65 bucks as is and took it home. I guess I'll fix it. Probably could have got him to go lower too but oh well. It has a see thru back, weighs 69.3 grams,beats at 21,600bph, has date, and 3 subdials, day, month and some am/pm 24hr dial. Kind of looks like a mock moonphase. Forgot what those are called. The hands glow, but not very bright, the crown screws in, says 5atm water resistant and hacks. 35J automatic movement from china. Not Miyota, since it has the hack feature. I didn't measure it, but its bigger than a sub and the dial is off white with a yellowish tachymeter rehaut. I'm glad I finally got one of these so I could stop wondering about them.

According to ads, this is some kind of "homage" watch, so thats almost a rep, right?

Actually, I am wondering what this movement is, here's a pic w/o rotor and winding bridge if anyone can take a look, and some shots of the watch itself

Thanks for reading.

whatis.jpg

PB060001.jpg

PB060003.jpg

One of the moderators over at the watchuseek forum stated this....

"The watch is made by the Guangzhou Watch Factory, using an ebauche bought from the Shanghai Diamond Watch Factory. The same watch, but with fewer jewels in the winding module is also produced for Stauer."

"They are made on the same production lines as Stauer and Guangzhou's house-brand Dixmont. +/-12sec/day is about right"

Now click this link and follow the thread for an interesting explanation....

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=53960