When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Super" Navitimer?

m4rcus

Thanks guys. If that's the case what model would you recommend as a base to start mods on? I really like the tir-compax (I think that's what it is called...3-6-9 subdial arraignment) and the ~42 mm size Navi.

Please help...I've been into the AD so many times just to stare at this particular one. :wacko: I'm afraid of what I might do if I don't find something to satisfy my growing lust for this watch. My fiance would kill me if I ended up taking the plunge on another gen.

-- m4rcus

The trip compax is a beautiful looking Navitimer, but you will have to bear in mind it has the datewheel a few mm below the date window due to the extra gears in the movement to move the seconds to the 9 subdial.

With the 12,9,6 dial Navitimer, the datewheel sits nice and flush with the date window. You also get a datewheel from Lello to make the font more accurate to the genuine.

I have a two tone black dial with Leather strap and I love it. Search in the Breitling section for posts by Andreww, as he has posted a few pictures of his tri-compax Navitimer. Although this is the older version, they are largely the same as the current navitimer, only small differences, so it will give you a good idea of this version.

The trip compax is a beautiful looking Navitimer, but you will have to bear in mind it has the datewheel a few mm below the date window due to the extra gears in the movement to move the seconds to the 9 subdial.

With the 12,9,6 dial Navitimer, the datewheel sits nice and flush with the date window. You also get a datewheel from Lello to make the font more accurate to the genuine.

I have a two tone black dial with Leather strap and I love it. Search in the Breitling section for posts by Andreww, as he has posted a few pictures of his tri-compax Navitimer. Although this is the older version, they are largely the same as the current navitimer, only small differences, so it will give you a good idea of this version.

Hey, did you get AR done on your black Navi? It no, still "love it" with lack of AR? I love the black gen, but have been leaning towards white rep, but the World version. What are your thoughts based on your watch? Black safe with no AR compared to white? Or if you have gotten AR done, what did you pay? $55? or about?

thanks

Hey, did you get AR done on your black Navi? It no, still "love it" with lack of AR? I love the black gen, but have been leaning towards white rep, but the World version. What are your thoughts based on your watch? Black safe with no AR compared to white? Or if you have gotten AR done, what did you pay? $55? or about?

thanks

It is currently on its way back from having had an AR coating. Without the AR coating the Navitimer really suffers if you have witnessed a genuine, there are a lot of reflections, so for the extra $55 dollars (if you use k222 in EU, or $40 if you use Chieftang in USA), I would recommend having it done.

I love the Navitimer World. Slightly larger than the regular Navtimer, and has a real pilots look to it. It does also uffer from a slightly sunken datewheel, the reason for this I am not sure, I assume it is because the movement is very slightly modified to incorporate a GMT hand (this is just an educated guess)

If you go for the white dial, reflections appear to a lesser extent on the crystal than on a black dial. So if you were to buy a white dial, its not as necessary to get an AR coating applied, however, I would still have it done anyway, as it will make a difference.

I have a World. Curiously, both the gen and rep use basically the same movement, yet the DW on the rep is recessed (like a tri-compax) yet on the gen it's not. Well, maybe it's that we've got a 7750 on one hand and a 7754 on the other.

The recessed DW became such an eyesore for me that I removed the GMT gears. Now I've got a flush DW, but no GMT function.

I have a World. Curiously, both the gen and rep use basically the same movement, yet the DW on the rep is recessed (like a tri-compax) yet on the gen it's not. Well, maybe it's that we've got a 7750 on one hand and a 7754 on the other.

The recessed DW became such an eyesore for me that I removed the GMT gears. Now I've got a flush DW, but no GMT function.

How can you get a flush datewheel by moving the GMT-gears? I had the understanding that the recessed datewheel was caused by the extra gears moving the 30-minutes chrono counter from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock??