When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Exercising Your Rep Watch

Victoria

Exactly. I think it does not matter how you call it (for us germans it is indeed Wing Chun and Krav Maga), main task is to take your oponent down (and probably kill him) as fast as possible... :mellow:

Absolutely. Another 'system' I've heard of, is (I've forgotten it's name) a kind of situational training to get someone used to the adrenaline rush of actual fear, and still be able to handle themselves without loosing their cool, forgetting their training, and just waving their arms and legs about while getting a good pasting :lol: It's something like P.A.N.I.C but really can't remember. One thing I did remember from reading the info, was that the 'aggressor' would be wearing a fully padded bodysuit, so they could withstand full-force, intended to hurt/maim/kill blows without risk, so the 'defender' could get used to being [censored]-scared, but still fight effectively. Another aspect, was that the training was somewhat 'randomized' so sometimes the 'aggressor' would only do something like bark like a dog to try and psych the 'defender' out, others, they would launch an unpredictable attack. Pretty awesome concept, I just wish I remember more about it :)

Oh they do that with Krav Maga, there is a decent amount of full contact training that's done, all intended to teach you how to act under pressure/anxiety. Actually, the Human Weapon show on History Channel had a decent report on it, showed the training, etc. Def worth a look.

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content...p;mini_id=54986

See here. The 2nd and 3rd videos are the way to go. I love the part in the 3rd video where, after getting "stabbed" about 30 times, Gil says to Bill, "breathe, relax, we're gonna teach you guys, 'cause you don't know s***"...these are accomplished MMA guys, and they don't know jack about survival. Makes a strong case for KM...

Oh they do that with Krav Maga, there is a decent amount of full contact training that's done, all intended to teach you how to act under pressure/anxiety. Actually, the Human Weapon show on History Channel had a decent report on it, showed the training, etc. Def worth a look.

Sounds good, I'll certainly look into it :)

FxrAndy of course, is a Harley enthusiast, and I wonder if he would say something about this? Do you wear your reps out with your Hog?

I have shaken one cheep aqua terra rep to bit on the harley on a run to UK a few years ago but apart from that the rest have been good.

I have used reps for just about every thing, biking, swimming, sailing, climbing and one of the hardest on them all drinking. Today i was out running for a few kms wearing a loose (it was about 3 degC and i was just wearing a t shirt so imagine how thin my wrist were compared to useual) EX2 from silix, the same one that with stood the steam room the other week, it was getting a right shaking as i dragged my ass round the test, still working, just think though the stresses you give you watch just giving the old teath a good scrub for those of us that still have them ;)

I have shaken one cheep aqua terra rep to bit on the harley on a run to UK a few years ago but apart from that the rest have been good.

... just think though the stresses you give you watch just giving the old teath a good scrub for those of us that still have them ;)

I recently took a Harley 1200 Sportster for a test ride and it nearly rattled all my fillings out - if I owned one, I'd probably have to leave the reps at home !!! :huh: No such probs on my Ducati though :D

I AM surprised that you wear it for such a purpose. I thought chrono and major wrist-activity, a nono.

Yeah...I probably shouldn't be wearing it to play tennis, but sometimes you just have to live a little :lol:

Given I wear my watch on my left hand and I'm right handed & don't use my backhand too much (it's easily the weakest part of my game; I'll run extra just to hit a forehand), I don't feel like my watch gets too jerked around too much...

Even still, I'm going to do my best to wear my suunto while playing tennis from now on - it's a great sporty watch in its own right.

deltatahoe

Yup - it's a 22mm bob sportivo strap for panerai. I paired it with a brushed thumbnail 22mm pam thumbnail buckle to try to get as close as I could to a titanium look...

deltatahoe

I thought it had that look, it certainly suits the watch perfectly :)

My The Zigmeisterfied uPO is my gym/cycling/DIY beater. It now sits on the silicon strap and survives gym sesions, swimming, jacuzzi and steam rooms.

I am definitely not an 'action man' (although I still have mine in the loft) in this company, my self defence stylee is the Blackadder School - run away bloody quickly..!