When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone tested the new Ingy SS Double AR?

olegunnar

I have just ordered my new Ingy SS with the double AR from Jay. Supposedly this is the latest and a 1 = 1 rep. I heard there were several flaws in the previous models, like misaligned bezel, short hands, wrong datewheel, fonts, etc. My question is simply: does anyone have any hands-on experience with the new issue?

And what about the movement, how does it compear to the gen, and how inferior is it? I suspect the ETA-2824 is the "economic" issue, but how does it differ in practical terms to the gen. IWC movement. Any ideas?

Will Gunnars

I just got one in the mail today from Angus (Pure Time) for a friend who doesn't frequent the forums. I have the VC Overseas with double AR from Jay and it BLOWS the Ingy away. With them side by side it makes me wonder if the Ingy is really just single sided. It feels "sticky" on the crystal so if it is single sided it's on the outside. Unfortunately I do not have a camera for pics. Also the DW has to be replaced for sure but my buddy won't care about that.

I just got one in the mail today from Angus (Pure Time) for a friend who doesn't frequent the forums. I have the VC Overseas with double AR from Jay and it BLOWS the Ingy away. With them side by side it makes me wonder if the Ingy is really just single sided. It feels "sticky" on the crystal so if it is single sided it's on the outside. Unfortunately I do not have a camera for pics. Also the DW has to be replaced for sure but my buddy won't care about that.

It's good to have a realistic view of the new Ingy. And perhaps I should not expect too much? Still, it is supposed to be a true 1 to 1 rep. So how come you feel the need to change the datewheel? Is this a matter of taste or is it still misaligned like it always was? And are you 100 % sure that you actually got the latest model with the double AR? I would be pleased if you got an earlier model and my new Ingy would be perfect (well at least closer than all the previous models).

Will

Any photos would be greatly appreciated...

The font on the date wheel is wrong, the ingy one is made by IWC but the rep has the standard ETA chiss one. I cant coment on the watch as a whole yet as i have ordered mine and it will be here in a week or two. How the movements compare well could you compare a normal ford engine with lamborgini engine, lucily in this case they are both designed to run the same speed, the hour hang must go round in 12 hours and the min hand in 60 mins, the balence to work at 28800hz. The short hands issue has been resolved by the fact that there are land and short hand versions in the gen as well. The bezel issue should be able to be resolved by turning it with a case back removal tool. From what i have heard the new double AR version is just the old one with some AR. I look forward to reciving mine and will be able to tell you more

The font on the date wheel is wrong, the ingy one is made by IWC but the rep has the standard ETA chiss one. I cant coment on the watch as a whole yet as i have ordered mine and it will be here in a week or two. How the movements compare well could you compare a normal ford engine with lamborgini engine, lucily in this case they are both designed to run the same speed, the hour hang must go round in 12 hours and the min hand in 60 mins, the balence to work at 28800hz. The short hands issue has been resolved by the fact that there are land and short hand versions in the gen as well. The bezel issue should be able to be resolved by turning it with a case back removal tool. From what i have heard the new double AR version is just the old one with some AR. I look forward to reciving mine and will be able to tell you more

Thanks, Andy, but your words do not cheer me up the least. I had high hopes for this rep, but now it appears that it is full of flaws! How can a producer call anything a true 1=1 rep if it still has a lot of errors?

I know it's possible to change the datewheel. Where and how can I do that? What other modifications do you recommend? And what about the wrong logo on the back, that should read "CO." and not "Co."? Is this fixed or what? Anyone knows this?

Will

The Inge is a fabulously well made watch. The only new in this version is the AR, I guess.

On Youtube, you can see the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoJdNjaY7U... It is interesting to see that the watch in the video has not only short hands, but also the Asian datefont!! 2.23 out in the video you can clearly see a closeup of the datefont! :blink: I suppose the replica makers were quick to put the watch in production, before the final version were finished.

youtube_inge.jpg

The genuine Ingenieur has a heavily modified ETA-movement, with IWCs own Pellaton winding system. It is a noisy system regarding to some reviews. A solid, stock ETA movement should be more than good enough.