When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean Logo Reposition

maxmsu

Just got my 4th gen PO. As everybody knows here the logo is almost touching the letters... this just bug me so so much. My question is Has anybody tried to open it up and re-positioned the logo before??? if so, how hard is it? I believe the logo is somehow glued or double taped on the dial.

WOW... THANKS MAN FOR THE INFO... HOW DID YOU FIND THAT OUT? WERE YOU TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING?? So probably I should just live with it huh...

Thanks

I don't know how he got the info, but there was a thread here a week or so ago regarding the 5th Gen PO that Andy offered for a short period. This 5th Gen was mearly a fourth gen case, movement, and bracelet combined with a 3rd gen dial. Long story short. The 3rd gen dial's Logo was higher (too high). Whoever did the review also mentioned that the dials for both the 3rd and 4th gens were attached with two feet peirced through the dial. Neither of which could be properly repositioned. This 5th gen also had date window issues. The date wheel on the ETA had larger font than that of the 3rd gen's asian 21j.

JOn :victory:

Question remains - can a person simply buy a gen dial and replace?

This is the great mystery: There is some uncertainty apparently about the size of the 4th gen. If the case is 42.5 w/o crown a gen dial might fit. If it is 40mm, fuggetabotit. We'll have to wait for a difinitve measurement.