When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real vs Fake?

pauld

Big disclaimer here...I am no expert at picking out the flaws but I'll offer an opinion.

yes the caseback is confusing and I always have reservations when it is a low transaction seller, and there are no pictures of the movement...however...

The engraving on the caseback, even though "Rolex" is in the wrong position, is deep and looks genuine. Also, the lug holes look correct and unaltered. A re-drill is usually obvious. That dial ageing is pretty good if it's a fake.

EDIT: Just read the seller's feedback...a customer was sold a fake Rolex...legal case pending! So much for lug holes and deep engraving!

Real or Fake???
Neither....franken ;)

Has the 1680 caseback...................
No it doesn't. It has a 1665 caseback most often seen with the DRSD variant. However a white dial doesn't mean fake as the red dial could have easily and justifiably been swapped out at first service. That said, dial isn't all it appears to be.

I'm not impressed with the crown guards, the sellers low sales and couple of negative feedbacks are a cause for concern, terms and conditions- bank wire or postal money order- are lopsided in the sellers favor, lack of movement pics, and decent bracelet pics. there are a lot of negatives. You'd probably be lucky to get a decent franken, which is worth $2-3000. $2000 w/ an MBW case, $3000 w/ a jewelry and watch type case w/ working HE valve.

As the saying goes, "buy the seller", is a hard sell in this case.