When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a true valjoux 72?

Diceman

I need all vj72 experts. Its very similiar to a vj23 visually which makes it hard for me to determine. Which 72 series is it? Do you think it will fit into dw's 72 case. Because that will it's destination. I've read a little on chuck's review on these, but would like some more specs on this particular one.

dice

4da3_3.jpg

Edited by Diceman

You need to look under the balance wheel where it should be stamped. Yes it is a v72 or variant thereof. And the v23 is basically the same watch, but a bi-compax (two sub-dials) as opposed to the v72 which is tri-compax. Maybe you could get a shot form the other end of the movement, looking under the balance wheel. Of course, you know that the R symbol means Valjoux, right?

No I did not know that R symbol stood for valjoux. This is currently on ebay right now. You may want to take a few minutes and look at the description of the watch. This seller has nice feedback score but I'm always cautious. I will never stop praising you for your feedback as this is a time sentive matter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Big-60s-ENICAR-SHERPA-...1QQcmdZViewItem

oops. the link is faulty.

anyway u can just type in valjoux 72 and it will bring it up on ebay.

i suggest to search a val 726 ...it's one of the last version...and it could be modded by an expert watchmaker to seems more similar to a 727 or a 723.....

the choice is your

M

Edited by klingsor

Well, the watch is good. I would assume that it's a v72B which is the most common. The other pics were no help. The seller is fine, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him. Enicar Sherpas are collected on their own merits, so the price could end up in the $900-1100 range- even with the pushers needing repair- which is fairly simple.