When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well, it finally happened....

predfan2001

Well after I bragged on it in one of By-Tors posts my GMT with the gen bracelet croaked last night. I wound it and shook it and the second hand barely moves. Good thing I bought another for back up. Since I redrilled this case for the gen bracelet, I'm just gonna swap movements. I was thinking about repainting the markers and hands white while it's out for a more gen appearance (lume is not a big deal to me).

R.I.P.

Omega Seamster GMT

3/10/2007-11/18/2007

S6300282.jpg

@ Predfan.

I have the same watch and love it.

It's a truly amazing design. Very different from any other watch.

But, after wearing it when it arrived, I noticed the crown was very "loose".

So I don't wear it now because I'm not sure how I could fix that crown issue.

Is there a way to put a better crown/tube in this watch ?

Cheers

Stephane

omega_seamastergmt800_05.jpg

@ Predfan.

I have the same watch and love it.

It's a truly amazing design. Very different from any other watch.

But, after wearing it when it arrived, I noticed the crown was very "loose".

So I don't wear it now because I'm not sure how I could fix that crown issue.

Is there a way to put a better crown/tube in this watch ?

Cheers

Stephane

Maybe the tube is loose??? I had a Sub that the tube unscrewed with the crown once. I just had to Loctite it back in. I don't know if you can replace the tube and crown in these but I know somebody that may have an extra case pretty soon :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for your loss. It's always a shame when a nice watch you treasure and enjoy takes the trip to timepiece heaven.

It sounds like you're pretty handy; ie: swapping out movements and so on, so I'm sure that with a little effort and investment you can get the watch running yet again! Good luck.

This is not uncommon with rep watches. Very often a good spanking will bring them back to life and if you have a watchsmith, get it lubed and serviced. Like any machine, it does require some degree of upkeep.

This is not uncommon with rep watches. Very often a good spanking will bring them back to life and if you have a watchsmith, get it lubed and serviced. Like any machine, it does require some degree of upkeep.

Spanking! I guess you're right. I guess these asian movements must be tempermental. This one is working as good as ever now. So I guess I still love my GMT!