When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Being honest about lume

andreww

Final result. After 30 minutes both dials were easily visible in complete darkness. Any external light source pretty much negates any lume effect. My final conclusion is that the aftermarket C3 Glows a little brighter initially, but after a minute or two performs about the same as my factory UPO.

a couple thoughts / comments -- my uPO has the best out of the box lume hands down compared to my other reps (and pretty close to superluminova in brightness, lasting time, etc); sounds like your uPO is one of the ones with good lume as well andreww.

i think ziggy is right in saying the most notable thing about lume relates to the surface area that is lumed; obviously watches with large hands and/or markers such as a pam 127 or 217 are going to be most noticeable. this is why i (personally) think getting pams relumed w/ superluminova is a very worthwhile modification -- one that i enjoy quite a bit.

deltatahoe

i (personally) think getting pams relumed w/ superluminova is a very worthwhile modification

deltatahoe

I agree,

A 127 of mine was my lume king, I would have another modded in the futrure as the results are good, as others have said must be the thickness/ammount that can be applied to the Pams.

That said, like all lume, it still fades over time and certainly loses its initial brilliance quite quickly.