When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836-2 in a 16200 case?

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

I have a 16200 case and a 2836-2 movement on the way. Question is will the 2836-2 fit in the 16200 case?

I have been using 2824-2 movements for these projects but ran into a shortage and the 2836 was sitting here from another project. Was not sure if is was worth it. The dimensions are not quite the same but identical in ligne so fitting it on a dial is no problem. Any others have luck in this department?

I know TTk sells DJ reps with a 2836-2 and they look perfect.

post-8404-1195509335_thumb.jpg

Apparently the 2824 fits better in the 16200 cases without stem alignment issues, and the 2836 fits better in the 160xx cases. with the 2836, the stem is a little further away from the dial since its a thicker movement. This is just what I read though, and so far have only tried both movements in a 16014 case. The 2836 fit perfectly, and with the 2824, the stem touched the top of the crown tube which made it impossible to put the movement in straight without a thick spacer which made the hands too close to the dial.

I guess the only problem would be with the stem if you try it.

If you strip off the day/date discs and transplant the minute train bridge from a 2824-2, the stem alignment is pretty close for the 16200 case. But then you have no date function for the datejust case. But something to consider if you are building an air-king or explorer I.

The only movements that will work with date function in the 16200 case is the 2824-2 and 2892 series. (2892-2. 2892-a2, etc. or the 12892 which I have been using lately)

Also, TTK's DJs are replicas that is why they take 2836-2. They have been designed and manufactured for the 2836-2 specifically. They are nothing like the gen case at all.

Guest watchbuff

I will try the 2836-2 but I think i will have alignment issues based on my measurements. I will use my 2824-2 once I get the case in and once again a Franken will be born.

So now, what do I do with a brand new 2836-2 ETA ? I got it from Jules Borel and if any one needs one I will sell it for what I paid. ($131.00)

I will try the 2836-2 but I think i will have alignment issues based on my measurements.

So now, what do I do with a brand new 2836-2 ETA ?

I guarantee that you will have stem alignment issues. Those that have posted previous replies on this tread have tried it and we know from experience that it will not work. You asked the question, and experienced members have responded. :g:

If you want to use the 2836-2, buy a vintage DJ case. A 16014 would be a very nice franken to build. Those vintage DJs are a classy watch. As members have mentioned in previous replies, the 2836-2 will only work in the 160XX series cases that take 3035 c. movements.