When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please Help : Where To Go To Fix A Rep

tag

I need to fix a rep but wonder where I should go.

Authorized dealers? Of course not

Independent dealers? Don't they just send watches to a larger workshop or to the watchmaker for repair?

Small repair shops? Will they be able to fix an ETA? They usually change batteries and fix bracelet

Any advice?

If you have a good address in Paris...

My advice is to keep looking around and asking people. It took me a while to find a guy here in Houston.

I was using a small independent guy and he was ok, but he really wasn't excited about reps. Then I ran across a guy who really loves watches and has a wholesale repair business. He loves to talk about them and is excited that I'm interested in them also. He works on everything from Rolexes and Pateks on down.

You might also talk to other watch collectors in your area, this is how I found my guy. Working on an ETA isn't a big deal, but remember that you can swap out a movement sometimes for less than the cost of repairs.

I'm also in Paris, and so far, I haven't found anybody to fix or mod a rep...

Still searching...

hi you french guys :D

i am not too far of Paris! and i do repairs and mods... (i already have done some work for other members in france)

and for the more complicated movement problems i have a pro watchsmith at hand (glashuette and omega experience)

if i can help PM me for details! :)