When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

warranty on Trusty time watches ?

rodwc

Hi All,

ok, now to start with , I am not putting anyone down here, ( especially when I havnt even got the watch yet.)

This is what you might call a hypothetical situation, and its my head trying to get around it.

Just bought a watch from Andrew, (Trusty) , Rolex Yachtmaster, MOVEMENT: Swiss ETA 2836-2 Automatic,

"This "PERFECT" YachtMaster Rolesium is specially sent for FULL SERVICE whereby the entire movement is completely overhauled, reassembled, serviced and re-lubricated with Swiss imported lubricants and the timing calibration adjusted to +/- 5 seconds per day (COSC Standards)

Additional Seals and gaskets are added and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars and tested to 50m waterproof

All of the above works are carried out by Swiss Trained Technicians"

Great, no probs., I am certain, from what I have read from other members, should anything go wrong or amiss, Andrew will do his utmost to rectify the situation.

But , nowhere on his site is there any mention of warranty, so the question is, just how long can a situation go on , when someone does his best?

I dont think that I am being paranoid, but its just a question in my mind,

by the way , I think that if I put this situation direct to Andrew,I am sure he would think , whats got into this f---wit?

You may think the same?

Could have got this rep. much cheaper other places, and I mean at more than half the price, but not with this movement and the extra serviceing and waterprofing.

Cheers.

When I grew up in Hawaii, there was this character who owned a car dealership near Waikiki and his name was Lippy Espinda. He had a TV commercial that when it was at it's end he would say, "Now rememba, when you drive away from Lippy's place and you see my smiling face with the shaka sign in your rear view mirror, that is your warrantee bruddah" Priceless, and also the answer to the question at hand, however upon receipt if the watch is defective, Andrew will always make it right. A warranty on a counterfeit watch? :D

When I grew up in Hawaii, there was this character who owned a car dealership near Waikiki and his name was Lippy Espinda. He had a TV commercial that when it was at it's end he would say, "Now rememba, when you drive away from Lippy's place and you see my smiling face with the shaka sign in your rear view mirror, that is your warrantee bruddah" Priceless, and also the answer to the question at hand, however upon receipt if the watch is defective, Andrew will always make it right. A warranty on a counterfeit watch? :D

Yes , like I said at the beginning I am NOT putting anyone down,

But when you say ,A warranty on a counterfeit watch?

I was not buying a counterfeit, I was buying a replica to which there is a big difference, a counterfeit or fake is something which is sold deceivingly to be genuine, I bought a rep. with the expectation that the watch will perform correctly for say 12 months, hence back to my opening question.

So here is a hypothetical answer.

How will you ever know if the watch has been serviced, or pressure tested?

(And especially if those "extra" seals have benn added?)

You must TRUST that if a problem raises it's head down the track, a resolution may be found.

I beleive you have not carried out what is known as " due dilligence" prior to purchasing.

Beleive me, the search button is your friend.

I also note that you are a fellow countryman.

Limited research may show, that more than a few "older" board members reside in Oz.

Should you wish to ask a question, there is a PM or email facility available, to contact some members who have seen all sides of the equation.

The forum is here to assist those who desire to own rep watches.

There is a huge volume of info available. Find it.

There are many, many very knowleagable members here, who will be only to happy to assist you in coming to responsible buying decisions.

However it is more difficult to rebuild the tower of Pisa, after it has fallen over.

Hypothetically yours,

Offshore.

Sorry to delude your sensibilities, but to phrase it as gently as possible, what we are calling 'replica' watches are that, however they are still counterfeits of the orginal copyright holders claim. These replica watches sell for mere fractions of what the genuines sell for, hence the allure. This is a great hobby and a lot of fun, but please do not be under any illusions about what is really going on and you will have a much better experience.

"So here is a hypothetical answer.

How will you ever know if the watch has been serviced, or pressure tested?

(And especially if those "extra" seals have benn added?)

You must TRUST that if a problem raises it's head down the track, a resolution may be found."

I certainly agree, I will never know that for certain, I am taking it on trust, and I do trust that if any problem did arise, I am 100% sure that Andrew would take care of it. (taken from past comments by a host of members ) This is why I chose to put my trust in him from the beginning.

And yes , I most probably didnt carry out due diligence in researching, I simply have found myself really enjoying rep watches , after a lifetime of being in clocks.

I feel that I may have stepped on a few toes accidently, for which I apologise, and hope that the tower of pisa hasnt completely fallen over.

Since finding RWG I have benefitted enormously from the postings and especially the help that has been given, so PLEASE do not have the wrong impression of me from the start of this topic.

I am under no delusion whatsoever about rep watches, I think the terminology may be translated many ways by differing bodies.

I think at this stage this topic must be ended.

Many thanks once again, no offence to anyone.

"This "PERFECT" YachtMaster Rolesium is specially sent for FULL SERVICE whereby the entire movement is completely overhauled, reassembled, serviced and re-lubricated with Swiss imported lubricants and the timing calibration adjusted to +/- 5 seconds per day (COSC Standards)

Additional Seals and gaskets are added and watch is pressure tested to 5 bars and tested to 50m waterproof

All of the above works are carried out by Swiss Trained Technicians"

I'm still trying to get my head around this :blink:

You know we are talking about China right?

Ken

Edit to add; Please understand that no one is having a go at you, just pointing out that your money maybe could have been invested a little wiser.

IMHO I've dealt with Trusty with no problems, but you should check Angus's Yacht-Master *NEW*, it has the correct cyclops position, solid Mid-Link bracelet, etc. @ around $240 more or less + s&h. Angus is a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend him, here's the link:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure...20MASTER%20NEW/

Bklm's famour reiew for this YM:

http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...m+china#p222563

-Hope this helps. :)