When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sizing of Mario P straps

khumzi

I ordered a couple of lovely M-P straps a while ago from Time Connection and they've been sitting, somewhat impatiently, on a shelf awaiting my first PAM. I just received my TWP 111H (I hope to take some pics and post on it soon) and the Mario Paci Special Edition "Allora a Ora" in Senape fits beautifully and looks the biz. The MP XIII "3646" in Nero however seems too wide for the lugs (both bits).

I thought that I ordered both the same size. Did I perhaps order incorrectly? Is the strap accidentally too large?

Or should I just stop being a limey wimp and jam those suckers in there?!

Really lovely straps, by the way.

gracias,

Khumz

No.. I doubt it is accidentaly too large.

You have probably ordered or received an 26mm strap.. but since it is soft it can squeeze in the lugs.

I would personally send it back and get the correct one.

You can either measure the strap and see if it is 24mm or 26mm or put the two straps one on top of the other and see if they are the same.

Or should I just stop being a limey wimp and jam those suckers in there?!

That's what I do, darling.

In fact, I made our V above make me a 25/24 strap, because I like my straps "Jswing" style: hugging the lugends for all they are worth.

Jswing being the name of a Risti strapmaker who is famous for this measurement for his 24mm lug PAMs. In fact, if you want 24/24 or 24/22, you have to specially request it.

Really lovely straps, by the way.

Exceptional straps. Congrats on the Senape! My favourite, next to the PAV 91.

bringingpam112senapeue0.jpg

That's what I do, darling.
:o:p

So, I got home and dug out the order confirmation. My bad. I ordered the wrong size (26). Did think about squishing (as one does) but Elliot, being a fine guy, and the strap being mint, I'm just gonna send the sucker back for one the right size.

BTW, in case you didn't know, TC is having a Thanksgiving sale at the mo'...

Thanks for helping me with a fairly daft thing and happy turkey day, if you're doing that thing.

Khumz