When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Minimizing Annoying Questions

This is pasted from a post I made in a thread in General Discussion.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an idea to knock this over it's head. :bangin:

Someone (moderator or interested member?) could make a new thread (and continuously update it) called, for example, "Information on the best R*l*x Submariner" and put in links to all the relevant threads, with a short description. eg. Review of Joshua's Asian movement $100 sub, 04-June-2006; xxxx's guide to R*l*x submariners; xxxx's guide to R*l*x replica in general; etc. :g:

This way access for a newbie to all the posts will be easily found in one place with no need to ask another member.

A thread like this could also be pinned at the top on selected boards, like this General Discussion board that will get that question a lot otherwise. Obviously it should be pinned in the relevant places such as R*l*x picture subforum and so on.

This could also similarly be done for Best Omega Planet Ocean, Panerai Daylight, R*l*x vintage etc and contain links to guides and reviews.

:group::1a::gathering:

PS. I don't volunteer... it's just a suggestion, I have enough problems elsewhere already :wounded1::black_eye::(

I'm member of one specializated forum , there is a single section for newcomers,for introducing temselves and posting. Newbies have access to all services,but posting can - just on this one. After a little rockie send mail to admin and ask for full access ( time from reg. date or posts count have no matter ). Just like virtual face control . Its not a suggestion, just share my experience :) as you all can see , my english is stunning :yeah: , so I spend my time here at reading wise thoughts and think that its time to learn english finally ... But cause general knowledges enough to make deals with our beloved dealers , this day lost "somewhere in future " ...

The solution is simple:

make a FAQ about the 100 questions about reps

How about pinning a list of the top 100 "Questions that we are bored shitless by..."

On the other hand, passing on knowlege is not a bad thing.

I described it with a little bit more diplomacy, i think, but what you wrote is exactly what i meant to say.... :3a:

Maybe someone can get it started... maybe I will try that who knows? People can always contribute links in the main body of the thread, and whoever started it (or a moderator) can edit it to add it in?

• 2 weeks later...

We need to give the newbies a break. Many have been on the internet for awhile but probably have little experience with news groups or forums. Now they want a rep and unless they make a big blunder and fall for the endless scam sites they luck into finding us.

They may not have had experiance dealing with forums and of course they want to come up to speed as fast as possible so, heaven forbid, they ask for a little help from any of the many experts on the site. Yes, they did not read the volumes of posts with endless opinions to filter through and by the way, since they are not experts, how the hell are they to make sence of all of this. Yes, it is all there but how do they know what to accept as gospel or not?

The answer is very simple. We create a FAQ that is sent out immediately to all newbies. Volenteers can work on it. Break it up into sections so it is not too much for any one person and have a system to update it maybe every 6 months.

Let's welcome these guys and hopefully girls to the forum and stop being such sourpusses. The more that we have here buying reps, the better it will be for us as the stock moves quickly and better reps come out to meet the demand.

Usil