When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi from a newbie and question about shipping

pafre

Hi everyone from northern Canada.

I have a question: Is it worth buying multiple watches in the same order to save on shipping but risk having them all seized at customs? Your inputs and personnal experiences are welcome. I'm planning on making my first buy soon, but I'm still not decided

Pat

Hi everyone from northern Canada.

I have a question: Is it worth buying multiple watches in the same order to save on shipping but risk having them all seized at customs? Your inputs and personnal experiences are welcome. I'm planning on making my first buy soon, but I'm still not decided

Canada...no worries either way. I wrote a number of posts here on the topic which will provide some useful reading:

Legality of Owning Replicas

Essentially, in Canada, they can't seize on a practical basis...not like in the US or Europe. In order to seize, a specific court order must be requested against a particular shipment...it's not done on a broad "look for things that look like counterfeits" basis.

I have had reps sent by Registered airmail at a cost of about $10USD or by EMS courier at a cost of $30USD all without extra taxes, duty, etc. EMS to Toronto takes about 7 days...registered air takes about 14 days.

Good luck on the purchase...post back what you selected and who you bought from.

Hmm....

I would also consider the idea they might get "lost"

Mutiple orders in one package is dangereous......

You might have more lost then you saved in shipping costs.

Whilst that is true (I personally would never order more than 4 at a time), one prominent collector told me, when I wanted a 4-watch order shipped, that to "the US/UK/Canada" there was no problem.

However, use caution, pafre. You can't take ANYTHING to the bank when it comes to our hobby. Good luck either way! :)