When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Boing, Shwing, Yippee!

894tom

post-8666-1195839453_thumb.jpgpost-8666-1195839469_thumb.jpgHoly Cow, I am stunned by the beauty of this watch. This is a beast!!! Black beauty, simple, clean lines, bright lume....Oh Oh Oh....Ahhhhhhh!!! LOL. This watch just pushed my Speedy into the "I'll wear it later" box. Davidsen's communication was excellent. He must have been annoyed by all my emails, but he answered every one. He designed this watch to my specs perfectly. Nothing overlooked it seems. I can almost read in the dark from the glow of the C3 lume he gave this watch. Can anyone else see the same beauty in this watch that I see?

Nice and sterile, looks like it was designed for a purpose, is the saphire flat or slightly domed?

You are very good at reading a watch or person. It is my work watch. In my line of work, I don't want anything flashy in appearence or reflective for safety/tactical reasons. The movment (as I requested) is an unmarked Swiss 6497 movement which can be viewed through its exhibition back. The movement winds much better than my asian copy and even my swisenese copy. I has a very light easy wind that progressively tightens up but is never hard to turn. The sound it gives off is totally different than my other two. The sound (of course) is hard to articulate, but it doesen't seem to have the (tingy?) (reverby?)like metal sound the other two give off while running. Very interesting to me. I'll tell you a secret and if you repeat it I'll deny it......I actually listen to my watches for about a minute before I place them on my wrist....LOL...don't know why...LOL....just like hearing it run. The sound of the watch reminds me of the incredible skill and mechanical genius that it took to place this small complex engine onto my wrist....amazing to me.

You are very good at reading a watch or person. It is my work watch. In my line of work, I don't want anything flashy in appearence or reflective for safety/tactical reasons. The movment (as I requested) is an unmarked Swiss 6497 movement which can be viewed through its exhibition back. The movement winds much better than my asian copy and even my swisenese copy. I has a very light easy wind that progressively tightens up but is never hard to turn. The sound it gives off is totally different than my other two. The sound (of course) is hard to articulate, but it doesen't seem to have the (tingy?) (reverby?)like metal sound the other two give off while running. Very interesting to me. I'll tell you a secret and if you repeat it I'll deny it......I actually listen to my watches for about a minute before I place them on my wrist....LOL...don't know why...LOL....just like hearing it run. The sound of the watch reminds me of the incredible skill and mechanical genius that it took to place this small complex engine onto my wrist....amazing to me.

The movement is flat....although it kinda looks domed in the pic...its just the angle.

I promiss i will never repeat that!

Shame is i am pretty much deaf due to my job so have dificulty hearing a lot of my watches. It just reminded me of the watch that TMG??, the unsigned US military watch, but for tacticle reasons i would just buy a basic g shock if you were botherd about sterility for work reasons, a custom made watch would be a tell if you were trying to be a grey man in R to I situations.

When in grey mode B) ...most of the time, I won't wear a watch at all. BTW, I have a Gshock..I won it in a poker game, so it has some sentimental value, however need I produce exhibit a again?(pic of Davidsen watch) :good:

Edited by 894tom

For what it's worth, I listen to my watches as well, and prefer the sound of my PAMs to my others :)