When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 main second hand jittery sweeping motion :S

KnifeEdge

I got a black tag heuer link chrono with an asia 7750 which has a second hand which moves in a really jittery fashion, almost like a quartz except with alot more little "steps"

is this common with asia 7750s ?? (sorry i tried searching on the forum but havnt found anything, all i got was stuff about the smaller second hand :S)

on a related note, i also got a 4th gen PO 42.5 mm from trusty time which is suppose to have the Swiss ETA Movement 2824-2 and its second hand also moves in the same jittery motion, is this normal ?? is this actually a swiss movement :S

i'm kind of a newb in watch terminology and function so please bear with my vocabulary

Depends on which Asian 7750 it is.... the old ones are known for their jerky second hand.

should be the 28,800bph one

atleast thats what it lists it as

any known solutions :S

on a seperate note i popped out one of those spring loaded ball bearings that holds the clasp buckle thing together, the other one is still secure and still works but does anyone have a solution on how to fix it ??

will a watch smith be able to pop in a new spring, bearing and seal it ??

@KnifeEdge... when you refer to the "main" second hand, do you mean the central, chrono second hand?

If so, try stopping the chrono (press the pusher at 2 to stop, then press the pusher at 4 to reset to zero).

Then wear the watch for a few hours and try again. The chrono needs a good power reserve in order to work correctly.

Not having one of these I cannot comment on the "spring-loaded ball bearings". Can you post some photos?

@KnifeEdge... when you refer to the "main" second hand, do you mean the central, chrono second hand?

If so, try stopping the chrono (press the pusher at 2 to stop, then press the pusher at 4 to reset to zero).

Then wear the watch for a few hours and try again. The chrono needs a good power reserve in order to work correctly.

Not having one of these I cannot comment on the "spring-loaded ball bearings". Can you post some photos?

the chrono

the same jitteryness affects the planet ocean as well so i dunno if it's me just being nitpicky

28800bph translates to 4hz right ?? if there are 4 steps in a second the human eye should easily discern this but im not an expert of watches so i dunno if this theory is correct

as for the spring loaded ball bearing id assume this this would be on any watch that isnt button release

its basically a hole with a spring in it and a ball bearing lying on top which juts out of the hole a little, then a metal cylinder/gasket goes on top of the ball bearing to seal the entire thing and prevent the spring from shooting the bearing back out the hole, the bearing can be pushed in towards the spring but not out past the gasket. the thing is the gasket was either too small or the hole drilled was too big and as soon as i popped open the clasp the little bearing and spring shot out to who knows where

the chrono

the same jitteryness affects the planet ocean as well so i dunno if it's me just being nitpicky

28800bph translates to 4hz right ?? if there are 4 steps in a second the human eye should easily discern this but im not an expert of watches so i dunno if this theory is correct

as for the spring loaded ball bearing id assume this this would be on any watch that isnt button release

its basically a hole with a spring in it and a ball bearing lying on top which juts out of the hole a little, then a metal cylinder/gasket goes on top of the ball bearing to seal the entire thing and prevent the spring from shooting the bearing back out the hole, the bearing can be pushed in towards the spring but not out past the gasket. the thing is the gasket was either too small or the hole drilled was too big and as soon as i popped open the clasp the little bearing and spring shot out to who knows where

Could it be a spring bar that has came apart? There is a spring in the end of these. (Please dont be offended if its not)

My 42mm ETA PO and link chrono sweep in a similar manner, there is a slight jerk but its pretty much as good as it gets, have a look at a genuine and the sweep will be the same (or worse in the case of the PO)