When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Corum Admiral's Cup Competition

dadog13

Ok guys...I am not a review type of member...this is my first time...so let's give it a try...

since the first time I saw this watch (gen) on the internet, I know I wanted it badly...but there was no rep of it...few months back there was on another rep forum a section where members could put some kind of request for a gen they would like to see repped...I posted this one...and a couple of months later this one was released...I want to think that I contributed in giving the idea of repping it...laugh.gif

let's go to the rep...I waited in the begining that some times passes, because when it was released the price was and still is high...then River came with an offer that cannot be passed...299$...and I pulled the trigger...

If compared to the gen, there are just some smaller flaws...the main, that most all of the members can notice are : the lack of double AR (there is some AR, but not too strong), the wrong font on the day date DW, lack of super lume...even with those flaws the watch is truly a SUPER REP...holding it in hands and putting it on the wrist the watch has a true feel of a gen...

The case back is perfect...the attention to details is great...the engravings are simply amazing...

The HUGE buckle...well, you could think it is uncomfortable...but I find it more than comfortable, you do not notice while wearing it that it's so huge...and it is impressive...perfectly made for a big watch that the CACC is...

The dial is excellent too...everything is done to perfection...again great attention to all details...perfect...

in the end the rubber strap...let's say that is great...I have the panerai rep rubber strap...this one I like way more...great again...I haven't seen the gen, but if it is better than this, I really do not know how it can be done...

The general finishing on the case, that by the way is made of titanium...is perfect again...

many of you will note that all the words that I used to describe this watch are great,excellent,super,perfect....but I could not find other words...mainly because I find this one a truly SUPER REP...

In the end, I can only recommend this one...it is a great sport watch...very well made...

the overall vote in my opinion it would be 8.5/10 - the 1.5 points off go for the biggest (if they could be called like that) flaws...no SL on the dial and hands, lack of strong AR and wrong font of DW day date...each flaw takes 0.5 off...

Now off to the pics...I know my photo taking skills are not the best...there are pics of the case back...buckle...dial...wrist shots...comparison photos with 44mm, 44mm, 47mm...and just to add, this CACC is not bigger than a 44mm PAM...

bucklesk3.jpg

bucklecasebackrg8.jpg

bucklejb1.jpg

casebacknz6.jpg

cacckd3.jpg

cacc1hh5.jpg

cacc2bo8.jpg

comborq9.jpg

wristshothn0.jpg

wristshot1cv9.jpg

wristynl8.jpg

wristy1td2.jpg

comparexw4.jpg

compare1ce8.jpg

compare2vy1.jpg

compare3rh1.jpg

compare4rk7.jpg

compare5pt2.jpg

compare6mv6.jpg

compare8er8.jpg

Hope I did it well...If you guys need any other info or pic of the watch...just post your request here and I'll try to help...

Just fore reference, my wrist is 7.1 inch or 18cm...so you have better feeling when looking at the wrist shots!

Have a nice day, and BUY IT!

I tried the gen a few days before. It looks huge because of the wide sapphire. But once you wear it, it sits very well on the wrist. The strap goes in a sharp angle around the top of your wrist and it makes it look smaller. All this sapphire, on the other hand, begs for some decent AR. BTW you are right, the buckle looks HUGE. It surprised me with its size. I might end up getting the black one and have it AR'd with the help of k222, but I would be more interested if there was the version with the rose gold bezel..

Thank you for the review and the pictures. Wear it in good health.

great review. i used to have this watch, but had to sell because the lack of AR really killed it for me. with double Ar this would be a must have. good job...thanks for sharing.

impossible that you have sold it only for the lack of AR...this would mean that all other reps that you own are perfect...

this one is the 5th day on my wrist...without leaving...hey, I even sleep with it on my wrist...damn but it's nice... B)

Looks great. Wear it well. The things I was wondering about was how the hands and dial compare to the gen.

I cannot see any bigger (to be precise not even smaller) imperfections on the dial and hands...I will enclose some nice pics of the GEN (dial and hands) so some of the "hawks" of the forum can eventually find some flaws...

gencor1er1.jpg

gencorgg0.jpg

bk3sc4.jpg

cr051zq8.jpg

cr0511ea9.jpg

picid10079no1xldm7.jpgcorum2071mn6.jpg

corum2071mn6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I saw one yesterday at a local AD, definitely plan to get a rep of this after your review! Thanks!

you won't be disappointed...definitely!...like it has been said several times..this is definitely a super rep...despite not being so popular among rep collectors...I already got tons of compliments on this one from a lot of people...

even the AR that is present is not so bad as someone describeed...go and get it!

I can say that the original's CORUM don't have a very strong AR, it's very similar with the replica. People have obsession with AR coating and the most original's have AR but not strong... I thought this until I bought a original PAM 164, and this original has less AR than replica... :o

Sorry my bad english.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

when this watch is worn on the wrist, how high off the wrist does it sit?

I wear a Rolex sub where the case back is not flat, does the Corum sit higher than the Rolex and by how much?

cheers

you won't be disappointed...definitely!...like it has been said several times..this is definitely a super rep...despite not being so popular among rep collectors...I already got tons of compliments on this one from a lot of people...

even the AR that is present is not so bad as someone describeed...go and get it!